Just Bought Rega Apollo CD Player Am Psyched or Will Throw in the Towell
Dec 26, 2006 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hershon2000

100+ Head-Fier
Based on the universal acclaim I've seen more so on this CD player then any other I can recall, I just got a great deal on the Rega Apollo ($720 including express shipping Excellent Condition with everything) which is being shipped out at the end of the week. I would have gotten the Rega Saturn if I could afford it but this sounds like the next best thing for me. If I don't notice an immediate improvement over the sound of my existing CD player which I love, I'm basically going to throw in the towel & be happy with my existing set & quit trying out others (Basically buying them used online & reselling them at minor losses when they weren't better then what I had- I've never been stuck trying to resell anything at a substantial loss). I'm really looking forward to hearing this player & if I am dissapointed, this is one time I won't post my dissapointment on this board. But if I am happy with it, I'll say so, as this might help another person.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Good luck
orphsmile.gif

I'm waiting my new source too...ETA end of Jan. The anticipation is killing me

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 3
Hershon2000,

From this and other posts I think that you have exaggerated expectations. Audiophiles and hobbyists tend to be extremely enthusiastic in their descriptions and prognostications as to the size and degree of improvements garnered by various upgrades. As audiophiles we chase the last little bit of performance. A tenth of a percent improvement is a huge monstrous leap forward. A non-audiophile or non-hobbyist will hear such an improvement but to them it would be essentially insignificant.

Perhaps you should stop and take a breath, enjoy the music for a while. If you like the sound of your system why change it? Just because many Head-Fi members chase the audio holy grail doesn’t mean that you have to or even should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back