Just bought (ordered) a bike...
Oct 23, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 3
very nice,

i use to ride when i was in cali. i had a ducati 750 monster. sold it cuz i moved to chicago. i almost shipped it here, but someone offered to buy it last minute (more than what i bought it for, so i couldn't resist).
icon10.gif
man, i miss her.
frown.gif
btw, are there good places to ride around here?

Oct 23, 2004 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 3
I like Ducati's a lot. One of my favorites is the Monster S4R. I rode a demo this spring for about 100 miles and loved every minute. For a bike to own it was between the Triumph Sprint and Ducati ST3 for me. I need a bike with bags. Ducati still has a few reliability issues to work out, mainly with parts accessability. I love the sound of those Desmo Twins. I'd have probably gone with the Duc but the new Sprint looks to be an awesome performer and I've been really happy with the Triumph I have. My dealer sells both so I'll still have the chance to switch to an ST3 if I find that the new Sprint is not quite right. Can't go wrong with either one I figure.

There are some good places to ride not to far. It depends on what you are looking for - an hour or two ride or a day trip. Central Wisconsin has some nice roads and scenery-I expecially like 67 up throgh the Kettle Moraine Forest to Elkhart Lake. A little farther away is the Great River Road along the Mississippi. Some of the less traveled roads that branch off of the main road are fabulous and generally pretty void of traffic. A single overnite stay in Galena can offer an opportunity for great sport riding in NE Iowa, SE Minnesota and SW Wisconsin. I ride to work most days when the temp is 40 or above, and average 80-100 miles each day. There are nice rides right near home, for instance my wife an I will ride down routes 31 or 25 South from Dundee through St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia and have lunch and ride back. Very pretty along the Fox River and lots of places to stop. Even just heading West on 72 for an hour or so and riding through some of hte little farm communities is enjoyable. If you get a bike again we can hook up for some riding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back