Just bought myself an ATH-ESW10JPN :D
Apr 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

milesandcoltrane

100+ Head-Fier
As much as I've been planning on the JH13. I just couldn't live with my current cans the MDR-7506 and the UM1 anymore. Bit the bullet and got myself these brand new today! I decided to get'em cuz I've been falling in love with them for a very long time. And I was like I hell, I'm gonna get the JH13/16 some time soon but I'll still love these too. They're hella beautiful and comfy too haha! Anyways enough of the new toy gushing syndrome.

Just wondering how long do I need to burn these in for? I've yet to open them =)

For all the rest of you guys with ESW10JPNs, chime in some love for these here!! It's been a while since I've seen an ESW10 thread
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 48
OMG! Envy!!! I'm still caught between getting JH-13 or a pair of ESW10s... If only they didn't cost so much
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 48
justanut! you're from SG too! Hahah! It's really up to you bro. Initially I was kinda thinking of holding out till I'm in a more comfortable position to get the JH13/16. But today I was like ah what the hell let's just get the ESW10.

I was blown away by the JH13 demo. But at the end of the day I still missed the larger, bigger sound of the ESW10. Drums also have a bigger more natural impact on the ESW10 compared to the JH13 demo. Of course the final custom version will be different so I have no way of knowing.

Still want to get the JH13/16 but ah I'll enjoy my ESW10 first.

Gd luck bro! Hope you get one of them soon =)

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 48
Got em from Stereo or Jaben? I was SO tempted at Stereo the other day... but $799 put me on a pause...

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesandcoltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways enough of the new toy gushing syndrome.

For me, on the first listening session with my newly bought phones, I criticise them more than I have this 'new toy gushing syndrome'
biggrin.gif
I try as hard as possible to pick out fault compared to my current own IEMs. However, all the phones I bought eventually grow within me
beerchug.gif

I never try the ESW10, but for dynamic can maybe you should expect some 300 hours of burn in?

$799 for ESW10? Way too expensive...

EDIT: $799 in Singapore dollars?

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 48
sadly it is expensive. why are japanese phones always so expensive ;p

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 48
Lol... yeah rawrster... I'm tempted to get a pair of portable headphones to complement my TF10s... Caught btw ESW10 and ES10... Maybe I'll drag my feet so long that the last ESW10 sells out and I'll be left with no choice but the ES10
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So you used forwarding service
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 48
I don't think I can quite blow 800 bucks on one set of gear right now :p

@KLS: eh? You mean with the e-Q7? If so then yes I did use a forwarding service and saved me some money compared to buying it from the USA dealer.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got em from Stereo or Jaben? I was SO tempted at Stereo the other day... but $799 put me on a pause...

Yeah bro I bought it at Stereo. I called in Jaben some time back but I was quoted a much higher price. Maybe it was my ang moh accent. I don't know. Prices over there seem to have taken a steep incline in recent times. A few years ago, it wasn't like that at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, on the first listening session with my newly bought phones, I criticise them more than I have this 'new toy gushing syndrome'
biggrin.gif
I try as hard as possible to pick out fault compared to my current own IEMs. However, all the phones I bought eventually grow within me
beerchug.gif

I never try the ESW10, but for dynamic can maybe you should expect some 300 hours of burn in?

$799 for ESW10? Way too expensive...

EDIT: $799 in Sigapore dollars?

Haha I think I'm the other way around sometimes. Especially with my 7506. At first I was cosy with them, then the more I listened the more grating the treble became. I was kinda ripped off when I bought these cans, so they've left a pretty bad after-taste.

I'll report back after 300 hours on the ESW10 then!

And yeah I got the ESW10 for 799SGD. Works out to about 571USD. Initially I was thinking of buying them used. But I decided to support my local retailer. I've been trying cans at their stores for endless hours - given my OCD syndrome - and never once did they push me to make a purchase. I really appreciate that kind of service. If you're in Singapore do drop by Stereo Electronics. They've got a branch downtown now and its quite convenient. Look for a guy named Aron. Nice chap and he knows his stuff =)

Quote:

Sadly yes! Japanese cans are expensive. So are some of their electronics. But when it comes to watches and cars, their prices are quite attractive given the quality you get. My Seiko Marinemaster - in terms of quality - beats the heck out of my Rolex Sub anyday! The Grand Seikos are otherworldly! Lexus is also leaps and bounds ahead of Merc's early 2000 models. But ah I digress!

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol... yeah rawrster... I'm tempted to get a pair of portable headphones to complement my TF10s... Caught btw ESW10 and ES10... Maybe I'll drag my feet so long that the last ESW10 sells out and I'll be left with no choice but the ES10
biggrin.gif

I did try the ES10 buddy. The bigger driver and consequently the larger housing and pads were quite comfy on my ears. Based on my brief listen, I found the bass to be more in quantity and more overwhelming. To my ears I felt the bass was creeping up into the mids. The treble wasn't as smooth to my ears as well. They sounded a little peaky and grainy. Just a bit. Then again I'm really quite sensitive to treble peaks so it might've just been me.

But I reckon for rock and pop and Top 40s etc. the ES10 might be better. For me I listen to Jazz almost exclusively so the ESW10 was a better choice.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #12 of 48
Last checked last week they only had like 2 for sale... And yeah, although the staff at Jaben are real friendly and such, I prefer Stereo and have always gotten my headphone dosage over at Causeway Point.

Hehe! I'm also happy with my made-in-Japan Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 48
Ah same here... mostly jazz, vocals, now dabbling into Classicals. Last tried em before I got my amp, was kinda hoping the amp would help the ES10 abit. But yeah, deep down, i know even if the amp is gonna make the ES10 better, its only going to make the ESW10 EVEN BETTER
tongue.gif

Quote:

I did try the ES10 buddy. The bigger driver and consequently the larger housing and pads were quite comfy on my ears. Based on my brief listen, I found the bass to be more in quantity and more overwhelming. To my ears I felt the bass was creeping up into the mids. The treble wasn't as smooth to my ears as well. They sounded a little peaky and grainy. Just a bit. Then again I'm really quite sensitive to treble peaks so it might've just been me.

But I reckon for rock and pop and Top 40s etc. the ES10 might be better. For me I listen to Jazz almost exclusively so the ESW10 was a better choice.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

@KLS: eh? You mean with the e-Q7? If so then yes I did use a forwarding service and saved me some money compared to buying it from the USA dealer.

Yes I mean your recent purchase of e-Q7
normal_smile .gif
Actually I used forwarding service from US to buy a pair of TF10 from Amazon too
beerchug.gif
But I missed the $99 deal and got them for $159...

Quote:

I'll report back after 300 hours on the ESW10 then!

And yeah I got the ESW10 for 799SGD. Works out to about 571USD. Initially I was thinking of buying them used. But I decided to support my local retailer. I've been trying cans at their stores for endless hours - given my OCD syndrome - and never once did they push me to make a purchase. I really appreciate that kind of service. If you're in Singapore do drop by Stereo Electronics. They've got a branch downtown now and its quite convenient. Look for a guy named Aron. Nice chap and he knows his stuff =)

Yes do report back after 300 hour!

If that was 571USD then it was quite reasonable. I have always wanted to visit Singapore, especially Jaben, as there are demo units of JH! No where in Japan has those demo units
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back