Just bought my rig but still not satisfied!
Jun 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Goodfella

New Head-Fier
Well I just received my cowon d2 2gb + 8gb adata class 6 i am very pleased with this buy, great EQ and Great SQ but the headphone that came with it were pretty much ****,so i went out and bought the sony MDRNC22B MP3 Players - Digital Music Players - Walkman - Headphones - Noise Cancelling Headphones - Sony Style Canada
and im very disappointed
mad.gif
so i have someone who will give me a 100 bucks so that will be sweet i found that the bass was not deep enough I listen mostly to hip hop and i am a newb when it comes to this audiophile stuff so I was just wondering if someone could suggest a pair of IEMs because im not to keen on full size headphone because I will be using them in class so a decent pair of IEM's spending budget is $100-$150 CND ( but canadian currency does not matter)

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 14
atrios m5/m8 on ebay for about 130 are really nice if you want bass

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 14
x2 on the FS Atrio's, for their high QUALITY bass tones. Most IEMs/canalphones focus on mid-bass (such as your Sony's, a great example of this), while the FS Atrio emphasize low-bass (think subwoofer deep). They worked fantastically with my D2, to the point where i left the EQ off (Normal), since anymore produce too much bass. I've actually been VERY hesitant to upgrade to a more expensive pair of IEMs, since none of them (with the exception of the UE-11 and possibly Sleek SA6s) have the deep bass-tone capabilities of this IEM I mentioned.

Finally, add a portable amp to that combo, and you'll be happy for a very long time.

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 14
I just bought a pair of Shure E3C's. They're not bad, but they're definitely lacking in the bass department. It sounds like the Atrios would be a much better solution.

I could bore you all day with signal-to-noise ratios and sensitivity comparisons, but I'll sum it up right here: Unless you have an mp3 player with obscenely low noise and high current output, get a headphone amplifier. Until I get mine built, I can't even use my E3Cs.

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on the FS Atrio's, for their high QUALITY bass tones. Most IEMs/canalphones focus on mid-bass (such as your Sony's, a great example of this), while the FS Atrio emphasize low-bass (think subwoofer deep). They worked fantastically with my D2, to the point where i left the EQ off (Normal), since anymore produce too much bass. I've actually been VERY hesitant to upgrade to a more expensive pair of IEMs, since none of them (with the exception of the UE-11 and possibly Sleek SA6s) have the deep bass-tone capabilities of this IEM I mentioned.

Finally, add a portable amp to that combo, and you'll be happy for a very long time.

Thanks for the advice everyone robojack you have convinced me im leaning towards the fs atrio m5 but I do not no where they would be selling them in canada but i will look around for a deal if not ill will just save up a little more i also have found these M-AUDIO - IE-10 - Professional Reference Earphones and found them for 99.00 dollars at long and mcquade and was wondering if anyone has had experience with M-audio's

Jun 10, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 14
Jun 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mule65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use cheap Yuin PK3 earbuds (not IEM's) with my iAudio U3 and the bass is terrific.

X2 on this...they sound better than PX-100....hope to get some PK2 soon

Jun 14, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by limathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atrios m5/m8 on ebay for about 130 are really nice if you want bass

IIRC, they either no longer accept offers or don't go lower than 170, or aren't in stock anymore.

Jun 14, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #11 of 14
I don't have a lot of experience with IEM's, but if I were you I would go to Headroom's website, and browse the IEM section and find what you are looking for there. I trust them a lot because they give a good description of what you are getting. Keep in mind what your music taste is, and get the IEM that suits your music.

Jun 14, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the advice everyone robojack you have convinced me im leaning towards the fs atrio m5 but I do not no where they would be selling them in canada but i will look around for a deal if not ill will just save up a little more i also have found these M-AUDIO - IE-10 - Professional Reference Earphones and found them for 99.00 dollars at long and mcquade and was wondering if anyone has had experience with M-audio's

The IE-10s are Triple Fi 10 essentially. Identical as to drivers etc AFAIK. Some kind of licence deal between M-Audio & UE...

$99?! I'd jump on them! Fast!

Jun 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe IE-40 is equal to Triple Fi 10, not IE-10

You're absolutely right. Oops, my bad
redface.gif

That'll teach me to post on only one coffee....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back