Just bought Klipsch X1/S2
Nov 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nachodlv

New Head-Fier
Just got the X1 from Amazon.co.uk at 35€ (c.$50). Nice IEM IMO. Nice bass if you get the seal. Recessed mids and a bit lacking in highs. I have it equalized with brighter highs (Iphone 2G) and sound nice. Only problem is the recessed iphone port in the Iphone forced me to shave of some 1/2mm of the X1's plug plastic. (Come on Klipsch, there's some 5mn people out there with this phone craving for the X1's...!!!)

Just read there's an offer at Ultimate Electronics for X10's @ $130 and X5's @ $99... Run for it!

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 4
The mids and highs improve with burn-in , try playing some tunes with good imaging and wide soundstage , the X1 really surprised me. The new Beatles masters sound great with these.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Yep, going thru the process. Any specific tunes you might suggest for burn-in? Is it worth putting them thru the pink noise tunes available at Michael Knowles: Extras ?

Ty.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 4
upon first listening I was distictly underwhelmed with my X1's, but as time went on I realised these are rather capable phones for the price and the burn in changed things a bit. My fav. budget phones fo'sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back