Just bought Grado SR80's
Dec 26, 2009 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rabyburns

New Head-Fier
My first proper headphones, they do seem pretty good but i'm still trying to understand what i paid for etc
biggrin.gif

I'm also gonna get a pair of porta pro's for my ipod

And do most people use the SR80 with amps?

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 5
The SR80s are cracking cans and you get great sound for not a huge outlay. I know someone who bought the Grad RS1s and was disappointed at how little difference there is between the two, despite the huge price difference.

The Sr80s are low ohm rated and are easy to drive. But I prefer mine amped with a FiiO E5 for the ipod. It adds an extra dynamic.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR80s are cracking cans and you get great sound for not a huge outlay. I know someone who bought the Grad RS1s and was disappointed at how little difference there is between the two, despite the huge price difference.

The Sr80s are low ohm rated and are easy to drive. But I prefer mine amped with a FiiO E5 for the ipod. It adds an extra dynamic.

thanks for the reply. I'm new to all this and i bought these on the back of reading things on this forum. I'm learning..
bigsmile_face.gif

One thing is i've noticed is there is a lot of sound leaking from them, enough to drive my gf crazy after only a few hours watching the tv

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabyburns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing is i've noticed is there is a lot of sound leaking from them, enough to drive my gf crazy after only a few hours watching the tv

All open back phones do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back