Just bought first "real" headphones
Jun 28, 2002 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

billcat

New Head-Fier
After much researching, deliberation, more researching, more deliberation, not thinking about it at all for about a week to allow myself to get some perspective, then a little bit more research and deliberation I finally purchased my first real headphone: Etymotic ER-6.

The decision to purchase headphones was mainly brought about by the fact that I'm heading off to college this fall. Etymotics sounded good, because of sound quality and isolation. However, it was hard to chose between the ER-4P and ER-6. For a long time I was set on the ER-4P, but finally reason won and I went with the cheaper ER-6. After all, I ordered from HeadRoom so I have a month to return them and upgrade if I want to. I -was- going to go to the HeadRoom tour stop in Boston and compare the two headphones, along with try out a bunch more, but at the last minute I ended up not being able to go, which was very disappointing.

All in all, I figure to my untrained ears which have never really heard "audiophile" quality sound anyway the difference between ER-4P and ER-6 would probably be small anyway, especially through the not so great source I'll probably be doing most of my listening on (laptop computer). I was going to buy the 4P using the "I'd want it eventually anyway" excuse, but then I realized that I should be able to get years of use out of the ER-6 before I need to move on, and I think I need the extra money now rather than later.

Anyway, I'm anxiously waiting for the package to arrive so I can finally experience Etymotic... I hope it at least somewhat lives up to the hype!

Peace,

-Will

Jun 28, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 4
congrats on your purchase and be sure to report back here when you get some intimate time with them!

Jun 28, 2002 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey...that was my first real headphone too. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I suggest getting the new ETY foamies...they are much more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back