Just bought Emu 0404, gilmore lite, grado sr325i
Mar 21, 2005 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chim

Head-Fier
They're all coming to me in the mail from various bits and places. 700 odd dollars and a ton of research later, I think I purchased the best system I could have purchased for that price point.

Anybody have any comments? I think i'm going to take this place off bookmarks forever and never come back after it all gets to me, this is the most insanely expensive board i have ever visited.

Also, i hook up 2 quarter jack cables from the analog L/R out of the EMU card into the L/R in of the gilmore lite right?

Thanks for tuning in,
Will

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Congrats on your new toys! Have fun with them!

Quote:

I think i'm going to take this place off bookmarks forever and never come back after it all gets to me, this is the most insanely expensive board i have ever visited.

Probably one of the more sensible things one can do. Though I'm sure you'll be back. We all do.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Also, i hook up 2 quarter jack cables from the analog L/R out of the EMU card into the L/R in of the gilmore lite right?

Yep, connect RCA IC's from analog outputs of 9-pin adapter that comes with EMU to the input of the Gilmore. BTW, when you get a chance, you should go visit Headphile or Fid-Audio to replace the stock 9-pin adapter.

Mar 21, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

700 odd dollars and a ton of research later, I think I purchased the best system I could have purchased for that price point.

did you do any hands-on research or just reading other peoples thoughts?

If so,
Quote:

I think I purchased the best system

you're only thinking, and you'll be back here soon to confirm your thoughts against all the other possibilities out there; you already are...
Quote:

Anybody have any comments?

head-fi will be hear to welcome your poor wallet

Mar 21, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
did you do any hands-on research or just reading other peoples thoughts?

If so,

you're only thinking, and you'll be back here soon to confirm your thoughts against all the other possibilities out there; you already are...

head-fi will be hear to welcome your poor wallet

you are an evil, evil man
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back