Just bought DT990 need help setting up
Dec 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

boulbox

New Head-Fier
So as the title says, i just bought the DT990 250 pro for about $140(if there is a better priced headphones/within $200 or under mark suggestions would be helpful as i can still cancel the order). Currently for my computer, i have an X-Fi titanium HD and was wondering if that would be enough to run these headphones or if i would need a DAC/AMP or both to use it properly. I may invest on some in the future so i just need some suggestions for right now. Please and Thank you.

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 4
  So as the title says, i just bought the DT990 250 pro for about $140(if there is a better priced headphones/within $200 or under mark suggestions would be helpful as i can still cancel the order). Currently for my computer, i have an X-Fi titanium HD and was wondering if that would be enough to run these headphones or if i would need a DAC/AMP or both to use it properly. I may invest on some in the future so i just need some suggestions for right now. Please and Thank you.

$140 for the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm is a fair price.

Amplifiers to use with the Ti-HD and DT990.
Schiit Magni
O2 (Objective 2)
Bravo Ocean (tube).

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thanks for your help, also is there any amps/dacs for mobile use like phones and stuff

FiiO E11 portable headphone amplifier, $63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back