Just bought Darkvoice 336i last night.
Nov 28, 2007 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

rivieraranch

100+ Head-Fier
I just won a Darkvoice 336i from Casque Hi-Fi from an Ebay auction last night. This one was at an auction. The last one sold before it fetched $230.00. Mine went for substantially less, $157.55. There is just no way to tell how these auctions will end. They have 2 more listed at auction ending Wednesday night and Thursday night, respectively. It should be interesting how those end.

I want to have the unit it in an office setting with a cd player as an input.

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 72
Congrats on your WIN and enjoy tube rolling ! I liked using the NOS RCA
6AS7G & 6SN7GTB in my Darkvoice 336i

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 72
riv-

Been having alot of fun with mine. Had it about 5 weeks now. On my third set of tubes and pretty happy with these. When do you expect to get your hands on it? Got mine from Jasmine, so dunno what the shipping service is like from Casque. Plenty of good info here about the 336i. I was originally set on the LDII++ til the forum changed my mind (no regrets)...

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #7 of 72
hehe, I bought mine from casque hifi a while back. It shipped on thursday last week, paid a whopping 110 USD for the shipping. Hasn't arrived as of yet. Hoping it'll arrive this week. Can't wait !;p

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweArt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your WIN and enjoy tube rolling ! I liked using the NOS RCA
6AS7G & 6SN7GTB in my Darkvoice 336i

The RCA clear glass 6SN7 sells for less than the smoked glass version. What is the difference?

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivieraranch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am already trying to figure what would go best in this thing. I am partial to old USA NOS tubes anyway. However, I see that there are some Russian equivalents to the 6SN7 and 6AS7.

I have several NOS RCAs & Sylvania 6AS7s, and a Svetlana is now the permanent resident of the 336i back hole, with an Amperex Bugle Boy driving...sweet, to be sure!
cool.gif

ps; Anyone wanna buy RCAs cheap?

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo6Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I hear the word 'Svetlana' one more time, I'm gonna have to get one...

I'm not TOTALLY impressed with mine.. my grey-plate RCA 6AS7 is better IMO.

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 72
Where do ya get those (grey plate RCA)? I have an RCA 6AS7 in the rear slot now, but never paid any attention to the plates color. I'm assuming they are black...

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #15 of 72
I agree with Nick, I much prefer the RCA 6AS7 (both grey and black plate) over the Svetlana. The Svetlana tubes take all the romance out of the equation.

The Grey plates are very grey. You'd never mistake them for black. The Black plates could be mistaken for very dark grey if you didn't have a grey-plate to compare it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back