Just bought Caffeine Ultra; Enlighten me (1st amp)
Jan 30, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 103
Just read about people who have tried to reverse Paypal, only to be seriously SCREWED (like having their paypal accounts shut down.) I sell and buy too many records, etc. on Ebay, need the Paypal account, so they have me by the proverbial balls (as does Headphonia, or Penquin Amp, or whatever the company is in reality.) So I can leave negative feedback, but Penquin amp can end up keeping my $70 and never sending me an amp if he choses to. My guess (or hope?) is that the guy got in over his head by offering amps for sale that were not built (bad business move, unless you let the customer know in advance, DON'T PUT UP AN EBAY AUCTION SAYING IT IS AVAILABLE!) Otherwise, I'm out money and no amp. Bummer, as I have had only good experiences on Ebay, and as I am a vinyl fanatic and need Ebay to sell records and buy some rare stuff, I don't want to risk screwing up Paypal. Yeah, some will say "told you so", but I've made hundreds of dollars with ebay/paypal, and bought some nice pieces, so I may have to bite the bullet on this.

Pequin amp/heaphonia whatever the hell you are, please send my amp, or at least contact me with a "nah nah nah nah, you ain't gettin' one, buddy!"

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #17 of 103
Just received an email that says the amp was shipped out, but "came back because we made a mistake while dispatching it." I think someone else posted receiving a similar response from them. Well, they think it should arrive by thursday (though my wife and I fly to LA for a few days, so I guess I will find out when I get back. Would have been nice to have the amp for the plane!) They do have a good feedback rating on ebay, so I'm hoping it is sent and I get my amp (they don't do tracking, which disturbs me. I would be happy to pay extra for it!)

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #19 of 103
How does this guy have 100% positive feedback from 232 transactions? A few people have bought & received them this month, but there does seem to be 2-3 weeks between ebay purchase & feedback given (if that means anything?). Other than that, he sure doesn't seem to be doing much right lately. I cannot imagine he's going to be coming out of these episodes with his 100% positive feedback intact.

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #20 of 103
Geez, I was thinking about getting one of these but I'm glad I found this thread. I guess I'll wait and see if this guy gets his act together since the amp seems to get positive reviews whenever someone does actually receive it...

Jan 30, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #21 of 103
I may be mistaken, but I think this may be the same fellow that copied some of Meier Audio's patented circuitry awhile back, and even copied some of his advertising descriptions almost verbatim. Jan Meier had to threaten a law suit to get him to cease and desist. I hope this is not the same person; as I recall, he was not very trustworthy.

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #22 of 103
Code:

Code:
[left] Thank you for your payment. Your order status is Order Shipped. Shipped Date: 1/22/2008 3:26 PM, Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5) Carrier/Method: U.S. Postal Service 1st Class Tracking #:[/left]

This is my order info. I ordered the amp on the 17th via eBay. I e-mailed them several days after the order and here's their response.

Code:

Code:
[left] Hello, you ordered the "Caffeine Ultra" headphone amp from us via ebay. Due to the high demand of this item we had to build it at first and ship it from Germany directly. Your order went out yesterday (January 21st). Shipping time will be about one week. We apologize for the delay. There won't be any custom fees as we marked the package as a gift. Best regards Julie @ Headphonia[/left]

It's been a week since they shipped it out, but after hearing all the horror stories from fellow member, I might e-mail them one more time to see if they give me the run-around with the "mistake in dispatching".

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #23 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by zipdisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may be mistaken, but I think this may be the same fellow that copied some of Meier Audio's patented circuitry awhile back, and even copied some of his advertising descriptions almost verbatim. Jan Meier had to threaten a law suit to get him to cease and desist. I hope this is not the same person; as I recall, he was not very trustworthy.

Yar, that was the case (oh man, I think we are opening up an old can of worms here), but Robert insisted that MA did not take the proper steps of contacting him before publicly announcing the potential copy jobs here on Head-Fi.

Jan 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #24 of 103
i've boughten from the Headphonia site and the shipping did take longer than usual (1month) but i was around xmas season...but other than did the amp itself was in immaculate condition and is itself a great amp...

Jan 30, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #25 of 103
It's not my intention to open a can of worms. Still, a person who wishes to use another person's property has the responsibility of initiating contact and asking permission.

Jan 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #26 of 103
update, just recieved my amp today. quality of the build is absolutely stunning, i think hes just been overwhelmed with orders most likely.

so thats one happy ending
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #27 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
update, just recieved my amp today. quality of the build is absolutely stunning, i think hes just been overwhelmed with orders most likely.

so thats one happy ending
smily_headphones1.gif

That is very good to hear! It makes me feel like I may be able to hit that "Buy It Now" button afterall.

Did the rubber foam end up coming with...or is it just such an easy fix, that it's no biggie?

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #29 of 103
chill out dude,the seller from eBay is a stand-up guy, i bought 2 of the caffeine ultras from him on 4 January, and it came on the 28 January, cause they have no stock and the stock came from Germany to Singapore. but once u get your hands on the caffeine ultra, its one of the better cmoys out there.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #30 of 103
How hard is it to email me back? its been one week and no confirmation on the purchase of when it will be shipped. If it takes a couple of weeks thats fine but least have the decency to email me about it and let me know.

Sure its easy to take my money, I mean he/she could take my money the instant I sent it (confirmed by paypal). And if they are on the computer already why not take a minute out to send out at least even a generic confirmation? Why not inform the buyer if theres an build time? If theres a build time why not state it on the Ebay auction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back