Just bought a U5 8GB
Jan 16, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #16 of 19
hey.. congrats on your purchase man...
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #18 of 19
Thanks guys! The search for a music player is over. Now I just want a small PMP that has a decent built-in camera and AV-in/out with good recording capabilities. It will be a while before that ones comes out.

Think I'm on to the filename problem. Have to confirm but I'm almost certain that some really long filenames are to blame. I know that Cowon has had some problems with that. I couldn't recreate the bug and noticed that left alone to play it still happens. Cowon still seems to have the character/file/folder limit issues. No other brand gave any problems so it really didn't cross my mind right away.

I still got an email off to Cowon to wise up and get the DPL and Bookmarks into the firmware. The Podcast Ready sticker is slapped on the side of the box but without bookmarks what's the point. I never get through hour plus podcasts in one "sitting"; usually 2 or 3 but there is no way to do it without bookmarks.

Other-wise all is quite good. I even got the hang of the USB/reset cover. You just press on one side and it pops down. Didn't really need to pry it up by the little opening. It is kinda cool that the cover is flush and the same plastic as the rest of the body, not a rubber flap with a protrusion like some others.

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 19
Jant71, thanks so much for your suggestion on the Audio-technica ATH-A900... amazing.

And thank you posters for calling my 280's as crap... would never have crossed my mind.

I settled on a pair of 595's as I got a screaming deal.

Heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back