Just bought a pair of used SR-225, modded by headcoverage.com - I need some pointers.
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mogwai

New Head-Fier
The SR-225's are a little over one year old, and they have wood cups and lambskin headband from headcoverage.com. Before they arrive, I would like some pointers on maintenance.

Should I buy new (different) pads, or should I just wash the stock pads? And if I'm going to wash them, what should I use?

I have a polish and cleaning set for leather, which is meant for use on furniture, would that be okay to use on the lambskin?

And finally, is a recabling worth the money and hassle? I'm no audiophile, so I doubt it is.

I'm gonna buy a HP amp in the future, but I'll drive them with a Denon stereo amp in the beginning.

Any other advice on how to get the most out of my first serious cans is highly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I would just wash the pads if I were you, provided they aren't flaking or crumbling away (unlikely). I fill my sink with warm water and use a bit of mild dish soap. Let the pads absorb the soapy water, squeeze them but don't wring, repeat a couple times, then rinse with warm water using the same method.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Honestly, just try and appreciate them. If you feel they are lacking, do LOTS of research and listening, and pick an amp. Then of course, upgrade your source. Don't even think of recabling your headphone until the money is spent on amp and source. The argued advantages to recabling are minuscule in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back