Just bought a NWZ-A818 and I have some questions
Jun 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

souledout

New Head-Fier
I just bought a NWZ-A818 in silver from the sonystyle.com and the code, WALKMAN50 still works! I decided to just give it a try and I was happy it still worked
biggrin.gif

I opted for free shipping since I have a D2 so I have some time to get ready for its arrival. I am currently using MediaMonkey to add songs to my D2 so I'll use another software to manage my A818. Does Winamp work just as good as MediaMonkey? Does all the album art that is embedded in Winamp work/transfer on the A818 without any problems?

Although it's not a big deal but it'd be great to have it available, does the A818 support .m3u or similar playlists? I know it doesn't support OTG playlist which kind of sucks, but how about ones I make in Winamp?

I've read that the screen is very durable but is it fairly scratch proof? Should I buy a screen protector or is it durable enough?

Thanks for any help, I can't wait to get this player! I've wanted one for quite some time now! Might even give up my D2!

Jun 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 9
Why not continue using MediaMonkey? I just got an A818 today too and I'm really happy with it so far - great player!

I plugged it into my computer and MediaMonkey recognized it immediately, was able to fill it up, no hassles whatsoever.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 9
While the screen is not easily scratched by keeping it in the pocket, I have managed to scratch mine a little because I put my phone in the same pocket. I would recommend the simple leather cover that should be available directly from Sony for this model.

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not continue using MediaMonkey? I just got an A818 today too and I'm really happy with it so far - great player!

I plugged it into my computer and MediaMonkey recognized it immediately, was able to fill it up, no hassles whatsoever.

smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I probably will. I just experimented with Winamp and syncing it with my old Zen Stone and MediaMonkey is a lot better IMO. I figured out that I can just make a playlist specifically for the player and just sync what is on that playlist so I can continue to use MM for my D2 and my A818 when it comes in, so scratch that question
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 9
My old mp3 player died on me so I am now looking for a new one and everyone here seems to be raving about the D2. Does it support m3u playlists and ID3 tags? Can't seem to find those on any specs?

Jun 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 9
When you browse to it in Explorer when you right click in one of the folders you will get a 'Playlist' option; I can't describe it exactly, maybe try right clicking one of the actual mp3s.

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not continue using MediaMonkey?

Particularly since MediaMonkey plays well with WinAmp! You can configure the Monkey to invoke Winamp as your default playback program. Works for me, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back