Just blew out my E2c's - Recommendations for a new pair
May 4, 2006 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

azwillnj

New Head-Fier
It finally happened, after a year and a half of overdriving the bass on my E2c's I finally blew out the right bud (I dropped them out of my bag the other day that could have done something too). The right bud will crackle everytime that the bass hits hard, its annoying... So I am now in the market for a new pair here's what I want (in order of importance high to low)...

-$100 give or take $20
-Same in ear style (like the E2c's)
-More bass than the E2c's however I still want treble too I dont just want a muffled bass maker
-Silicone ear pieces

I had those Sony Fontopia ones before I got the Shure's and they were pretty nice not alot of treble but a hell of a lot more bass than the E2's. Maby I will just get them again, unless there is something better out there for cheap.

Thanks for your help,
Alex.

May 4, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 6
If you need more bass than the E2c, maybe you'd like the Super.fi 5 EB, though they seem to be $30-40 above your budget.

Probably you'd also like the AKG K26 / K81DJ (bassy, inexpensive), but they're not IEMs.

As for canalphones, the Senn CX-300 are considered pretty good here, not sure if bassy enough for you though.

May 4, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 6
When you say that your had been overdriving the e2c for a year and a half, does that also mean that you've owned them for a year and a half? If so, couldn't you get the e2c replaced under warranty? Even if you decide you want something better, you could sell the replacement e2c and up your budget for a new IEM.

May 5, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Thankyou for pointing out the warantee I will be sending them out 2morro. I was excited that I was gonna get new headphones tho so I think I will ebay the replacements. I like those 5EB's but they are way too expensive do you guys know of anything similar with good bass maby ety's or something?

EDIT: How are the UE 3 Studio's?

Thanks.

May 5, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 6
I like the Westone UM1 for bass. It sounds like a better e2c with more detail and even better bass, but the highs are rolled off somewhat and could use a little equalizing. It should cost $109 shipped from earphonesolutions.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back