Just Audio AHA-120 Questions
Oct 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi folks.

Am currently doing research on my next portable amp and was thinking of the usual suspects when I came across a British amp that has me excited with it's specifications

I just found out about Just audio and having read a couple of reviews and the just audio website the More powerful class A amp he offers is very much interesting me. I have only found two reviews, both glowing, one comparing it to a home Burson amp, well not far behind it anyway.

Does anyone here own one of these amps, if so can you tell me a bit about it. I currently have the stepdance with external 15v battery pack mod

Thanks in advance!

PS, I do not mean his smaller amp, only the bigger pure class A interests me!

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I have one which I'm using with Sennheiser 650s.

It seems very good, it has plenty of control over the bass which I find is often where problems show up if an amp is under powered, and it also has good rhythm.There's no nastiness that I can detect although the whole system is unforgiving of poor recordings (I only use lossless downloads or CD rips).

I haven't compared it to anything though, as the only other headphone amp I have drives Stax but nothing else.

The battery lasts much longer than either my iPod Classic or Algorhythm Solo. I can't tell how long as I always recharge them all when the other devices run out of steam.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Just a further thought, I'd be happy to compare it against the iPod (current 160G classic) or iPhone 3GS and post some impressions if that's any help.

I also have Senn 595s which are easier to drive and so shouldn't disadvantage the iDevices too much if they struggle with the 650s, which my laptop did (it clipped, badly, but is ok with the 595s).

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks so much for your help with this. I was also very impressed with Justin's speedy response to my questions. After much thought though I think in the long run the SR71-B is going to be more up my street.

I am really happy your enjoying yours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back