Just Audio AHA 120 or iBasso D6, looking for new portable headphone Amp.......
Jun 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cybertec69

Head-Fier
Looking for a new portable amp with a bit more juice, currently using the iBasso D10 Cobra with my custom IEM JH16 PRO's and AKG 702 cans, I know the 702's definitely need more juice, as I also use them with my Burson Audio HA- 160 and they sound great, I also noticed that the JH 16's also sound more open and full with the Burson "but it is a bit heavy to carry around:)", so am looking for a portable solution, I believe the iBasso D6 has more juice, but the AHA 120 is supposently a class A Amp in a portable form factor, which amp would you recommend, and why.

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Not sure how well sensitive IEMs mate with a Class A portable, but Mike certainly seems to think its a reasonable match:

I’ve tried using the AHA-120 with the JH16Pro and the Westone 4, and although the Vishay potentiometer is still having balance issues at low volume, it was gone at my normal listening volume at around 9 o’clock with the JH16Pro. The AHA-120 volume control won’t give you the level of control that you get with digital volume controls, but it’s definitely usable with IEMs.

I suggest you contact Justin, as he seems to have been very receptive to folk who have had requests for help with his other amp and IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back