Just Audio AHA-120 Appreciation Thread
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #106 of 110
  Sometimes with analog pots, you will notice some channel volume imbalance at lower volumes. This is normal, even with high quality potentiometers (like that used in the AHA120). I haven't noticed any issues with the headphone out socket feeling loose, but the socket in the DX90 is very tight compared with others I've encountered.

But this 'imbalance' (left channel sound a bit livelier and louder too) seem persistence regardless of the volume level.(I max the amp' volume and decrease the DAP volume to adjust a reasonable loudness thats louder than my listening level just to see how it sound)I just cant shake that 'off centre' feeling.It's still too early now,it could be the brain burn in thingy.Or for all i know,this is what u guys said how some amp or headphone is 'revealing' and 'holographic' and faithful to the recording.gotta get some test track CD or something now.

So it must be because how tight the DX90 socket then :)

Thanks guys

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #107 of 110
Just pulled these AHA 120’s out from storage after all these years. Finally had time to listen to them again. After reading reviews on the AKG K92 and managing to find one at a super low price, bought it and just burning them in using this amp. After 50 hrs I’ve put them on now and wow. Just wow. This amp never fails to impress. Granted I’ve not heard of the new class A portable Amps. Are there any new ones worth buying? And yes I’m my opinion the AKG K92 has stellar sound quality at $100 aud rrp. I can’t believe how good $100 headphones sound these days. I’m sure the aha 120’s is a major contributing factor tho :wink:

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #108 of 110
I just pulled mine out of storage this month after ignoring it for over a decade.

Beautiful sounding but I have no experience with recent portable amps.

By now this might be considered vintage. Interesting that the battery life is so good today.

This is quite an old thread but I am staying at my in-law parents house for a few days. They happily embraced the word Luddite. There is no microwave here but there is a micro tv. So thank you Head-fi and 1Tb of music.

Edit: Very nice people as in-laws I should add.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #109 of 110
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I still remember when I tested the Just Audio AHA-120. It was the best sounding amplifier I had tried back then. I wonder how it sounds compared to the new gear I have today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back