Just another introduction
Jun 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pwyll

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Normally I just read and run, but since I bothered to actually join here I suppose I should introduce myself.

I am approaching the half-century mark and finally find myself in a position to actually spend more than $10 on a set of headphones, so I have a lot of catching up to do to fulfill my teenage dream of audio bliss.  I dunno if it is nostalgia, aesthetics or budget (or most likely some indefinable combination of all) but I find myself drawn to vintage 'phones or models that reek strongly of a '50's to '70's influence.  I also like to pretend I'm crafty, so I have a tendency to look at the more modable options.  Between the weeks spent reading here and those two little personality quirks I suppose it's no surprise I have a pair of beat-up Grado 60's on the way from the miasma of "that auction site."

Anyway, my participation here will undoubtedly tend heavily toward the lurking end of the spectrum--but just in case I do find reason to post a comment or ask a question of my own, here's a bit of "who I am" for the record  :)

Scott

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks  :)

I don't have enough disposable income to get into deep trouble and I've been hopping from one moderately expensive hobby to another the last few years so my wallet's already used to being woefully empty. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back