Just adopted another cat...meet Sydney
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaaw, pretty cat. Good luck to you
biggrin.gif

Awesome photo's too. You must have a pretty hardcore camera o_0

Thanks. I shot these pics with my 20D and 85/1.8. I had to use flash, so I dragged out my old Sunpak 611 and softbox to diffuse the light from the strobe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, forgot to add that. x2

All our cats come from the shelter.

Same here. Sydney is the third cat we've adopted from the same shelter in just over two years. All of our cats have either been from shelters or strays.

I wonder if they have a frequent adopters plan...

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shooter-3.jpg

Is he made of candyfloss??? His coat is gorgeous, so clean. Looks like he just had his 'hair' brushed for the photo
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #19 of 23
Congratulations! That's a cool looking cat.
Like Boomana I lost my cat of 10 years recently. He was my buddy, and followed me everywhere. He even rode in the car with me. His passing definitely left a big void, but I'm not quite ready to start a new relationship with another cat just yet.
I hope you have many happy years together!

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #21 of 23
Congratulations. She's a real beauty.

My wife and I "adopted" a kitten 3 years ago that we found on vacation in Mazatlan. He is all white (though not albino) so we named him Gringo. He was a total terror for the first 2 years. So much so that we called him "Diablo Blanco".

Now he's only 1/2 terror. He still tries to pick on the other cats, though the big one is in charge and the little one stands up to him now. After being bitten multiple times, he's now deathly afraid of all the parrots. All I have to do is say "eat the kitty? to one of them and Gringo runs.

Anyway, I'm sure that Sydney will give you many years of joy.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #23 of 23
Afew weeks ago my co-worker found an abandoned kitty next to her house. She heard it (the kitty) late at night, and thought it was crying like mad to get attention from the feral mother. She went out the next morning to see if the kitty was there or gone.

...it was there alone all night, next to some wood pallets. She thought it was dead, it was only afew days old, the kitty was very cold & barely moving. She picked it up, and thought of ways to revive the kitty. Heating it up in towls 7 warm air was going to be too slow. So she warmed up some water to about 99*F, and placed the near dead cold kitty in the water.

It slowly came back to life in her hands...soon it was hollering and MEOWING loudly. She could not find the mother cat (it is a wild/feral cat), so she brought it to work. She had a water bottle filled with hot/warm water to give the kitty warmth, and called our local PAWS and asked what to do & the possible out come of the kitty.

They said it had a slim chance of surviving from near cold death. But if possible it would be best to merge this kitty with a mother who recently had a litter. LUCKILY another co-worker said their neighbor had kittens. Yadda Yadda Yadda...this abandoned kitty has a new mother and is living well.

Here is a pic of her, the kitty, when my co-worker brought her to work that day:

pic09qv6.jpg

Her name is Ki-nick-kee-nick, and is very small for her age as you can see from the pic (thats my pinky finger poking out from under her neck). I have not seen her since that day, but I hear she is doing well, and when she is weened from her mother she'll bring her in to work.

I'll try and visit the kitty this weekend and get update pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back