Just a thought
Apr 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 20
The Klipsch one and the sympathy cards are the best
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 20
I basically started my audiohpilia with mp3 players. at that time I really liked to walk outside and listening to music on the go...and I dreamed of a hi fidelity sound while using some crappy players like the sansa express and such.
so I got my first hi fidelity portable player- the cowon I audio7, and afterwards I got the D2. and that what pushed me into full size headphone listening and so on... well,I did kinda stopping with my long walks outside
wink.gif

but having missed to the walkings lately,I got myself a clip+ to play around and it is fantastic!

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #18 of 20
Oh lord there's some nice gear shown here...SME IVs...nakamichi RX202s....all up some stuff I'd truly lust after.
Technics SP10 that I have as a current restoration project would love that arm.

My own gear in brief,

Music Angel valve preamp
Lite Dac 60
Jungson JA99C power amp
self built World Audio Design WD25T floorstanders with Excel tweeters
Luxman tuner
Tim De Paravicini headphone amp and Audio Technica AD900 headphones
Technics SP10 under restoration

all in a dedicated listening room that is a near copy of the room hifi reviewer ken Kessler built as his listening den.

And very nice it all sounds to. On some material, as good as any system I've heard at any price.

Now if I only had more damn time to enjoy it instead of working two jobs.

Hal55

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by hal55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh lord there's some nice gear shown here...SME IVs...nakamichi RX202s....all up some stuff I'd truly lust after.
Technics SP10 that I have as a current restoration project would love that arm.

My own gear in brief,

Music Angel valve preamp
Lite Dac 60
Jungson JA99C power amp
self built World Audio Design WD25T floorstanders with Excel tweeters
Luxman tuner
Tim De Paravicini headphone amp and Audio Technica AD900 headphones
Technics SP10 under restoration

all in a dedicated listening room that is a near copy of the room hifi reviewer ken Kessler built as his listening den.

And very nice it all sounds to. On some material, as good as any system I've heard at any price.

Now if I only had more damn time to enjoy it instead of working two jobs.

Hal55

Look for vintage gear too, you CAN find some deals on e-bay.

I have a Marantz 2230. Had told a co-worker about it who was younger than me and he found one and LOVED it.

Haven't heard much new stuff. I find modern budget gear sounds WAY too bright and 'steely'

It's fun now taking portable gear and making it sound as good as you can.

I'd love to get my paws on a pair of Koss ESP .6 electrostatic headphones

My turntable is a Thorens TD160 with a Shure ME95HE cartridge, I also have a Lenco L75 Turntable for playing 78's

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #20 of 20
Vintage gear can be great. Wish I still had the Dynaco Model 3s I owned several years ago while the Music Angel pre is a modern copy of the Marantz Model 7 preamp, and my old Heybrook 3 speakers, which I still have, will wipe the floor with most modern stuff. Can't agree more on modern material being too bright, the industry seems to have traded warmth and a natural acoustic for a very "in your face" type os sound.

Hal55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back