Just A Random Thought But...
May 29, 2010 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

SirJulius

New Head-Fier
Anyone ever get super paranoid while wearing noise canceling or closed cans?

I recently had this thought about someone with a hockey mask kicking down my front door, running up the stairs, and busting through my door with a chainsaw, and not being able to hear them coming until the chainsaw starts doing work on my limbs.

I've also had times where I'd swear that people would be talking to me (even random strangers) or people would be talking about me. Anyone care to share any similar experiences?

May 29, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 25
From what I know about isolation, for someone to run up stairs, knock down doors and stuff (even at a distance), you'll need well over 20dBs of isolation, which most closed cans and noise cancellation cans simply can not provide. That is - unless you play music way too loud for your own good (like I do, we're both in the same boat!)

May 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #6 of 25
They wouldn't isolate enough for you to be that oblivious to surroundings, unless you were blasting your music

May 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 25
Decapitation is my favorite way to steal cans. They can't hear me coming until it's to late and I get to try out lots of different cans. I once got a guys HD 650 but I accidentally got cables with my saw so I just balanced them and they sounded pretty sweet.

May 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 25

Quote:
Decapitation is my favorite way to steal cans. They can't hear me coming until it's to late and I get to try out lots of different cans. I once got a guys HD 650 but I accidentally got cables with my saw so I just balanced them and they sounded pretty sweet.

You just need to use the right tool for the job:

moz-screenshot.png

May 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 25
I sometimes get this feeling with my HD280s. I don't listen at high volumes I'd say 25% on my netbook at most but enough where I can't hear people talking. It's really a weird feeling. As for chainsaws...........that's why I always listen with one cup off.
wink.gif

May 30, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 25
when i rock out with my customs i alot of times worry that ill miss an alarm like for a fire, or i live in the dorms, that the dorm manager will open the door and i wont hear him knocking.

but i never thought that someone with a chainsaw might kill me haha

May 31, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 25
So... does that mean my buddy who got me noise canceling cans for my birthday is planning on chainsawmurdering me?

May 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #14 of 25
What an interesting thread... haha
beyersmile.png

Well, I didn't think about the chainsaw thingy before, but I have to admit that wearing closed headphones made me insecure when crossing streets or going by foot next to busy streets. I didn't wear closed phones before, and having such big things on your head that depress your ability to hear is quite weird when so many things are around you that could easily harm you.

May 31, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #15 of 25
I make it a rule not to listen to headphones and do cocaine at the same time. (Or at all)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back