Just a little help guys.
Apr 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Themorganlett85

Head-Fier
Hey I'm having some problems here trying to decide what to get for my audiophile setup. I plan on getting a Schiit Valhalla along with an Schiit Uber Bifrost for my Sennheiser HD 650, I also want to purchase some Logitech Z906 speakers. Now for the question I've been wondering if I had an internal sound card like the Asus Xonar STX could I use it for just my speakers and still have the external amp and dac for headphone use only? I've not really been able to find a definitive answer anywhere on the web and I was just wondering if any of you wonderfully helpful people have or have seen a set up like this. Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Apr 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hey I'm having some problems here trying to decide what to get for my audiophile setup. I plan on getting a Schiit Valhalla along with an Schiit Uber Bifrost for my Sennheiser HD 650, I also want to purchase some Logitech Z906 speakers. Now for the question I've been wondering if I had an internal sound card like the Asus Xonar STX could I use it for just my speakers and still have the external amp and DAC for headphone use only? I've not really been able to find a definitive answer anywhere on the web and I was just wondering if any of you wonderfully helpful people have or have seen a set up like this. Any help what so ever will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Getting the Essence STX is a waste of cash for use with the Bifrost & Z906.
You can get an Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card (used off EBay), it uses the same C-media CMI-8788 audio processor.
Connect the Bifrost to the DX/D1's optical output and the Z906 to the DX'D1's analog speaker output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back