Jumping into CIEMS, ~$1000 USD
Dec 4, 2016 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MannerPylon

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

After years of sticking to full-size headphones exclusively I've decided to finally get into the CIEM game. Going to be travelling a lot in the next few years for work so a suitable portable system that will allow me to escape for brief periods to sit back and relax are a must. Universals never seem to fit me right so I'm going CIEM (unless someone can really help convince me otherwise, the hit on resale value I'm willing to eat).

Some specifications and background on my preferences:
- Budget is around $1000 USD, there's some wiggle room in there but I prefer not to go above $1200
- I prefer a brighter sound signature, my desktop setup is HD800's (non-S, which I don't find fatiguing) and Ether Flows
- I know I'm not going to get comparable SQ to the above in $1k IEMs but as close to possible
- Since these will be more for travelling a slightly warmer signature might not be a bad thing (not as warm as my TH-X00's preferably), but I still likely need a monitor over an earphone for the level of brightness I prefer
- Listen to hip hop, r&b, pop, folk, acoustic, classical music
- Prefer quality bass to quantity bass

If you've got suggestion please do list them along with anything you think I may be overlooking.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back