Jumping in with both feet
Jan 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

athos56

New Head-Fier
About 48 hours ago I decided to get into portable audio.
tongue.gif
I have aways been into home audio, building tube amps and speakers, but have never had good tunes for the road. So I decided to get some gear. For the source I got a Cowon iAudio 7, for the portable headphone amp I got a PA2V2, and for headphones I decided to tryout two different styles, some Grado SR 225's and some FutureSonics Atrio M5's. From what I read Cowon gets good reviews for their SQ and bad reviews for their user interface. Since I won't be listening to the UI I figured it would be ok if it was a little touchy. I didn't want to spend a ton on the amp so I got something cheap but also had some positive responses. Plus I wanted something that could give my Grado's a bit more power if they needed it. Apparently the maker of the PA2V2 added a means to adjust the gain via some pots on the inside of the amp, not sure if this is new news or not... Finally I've wanted some Grado's forever, that purchase was a given. But reading up on Head-fi I learned about IEM's and thought, cool, lets try some of those as well! Well that's enough talk, hello to the community and I look forward with sharing my thoughts once all these disparate units make it my way.

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 10
Well, then, Athos, welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!!

[that's our semi-official motto, and the second time I've said it today]

Laz

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Thank you for the welcomes, I've had a few "sicknesses" before, NAS (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) or more generally GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Its painful, I always feel buyers remorse, up until the gear actually arrives
wink.gif
. I'm wondering what I'm going to like best... Oh, and I've also been looking at the Corda Headsix so that I can compare it to the PA2V2, it never ends... Why are cheap hobbies no fun?

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 10
Welcome to the fold Athos. Hopefully you can escape with your wallet intact. But don't hold your breath.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 10
Welcome!!!

I often wonder about that question after I spent too much $$$$
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by athos56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are cheap hobbies no fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back