jumpers
Jul 27, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 10
You could, but what works great are the scrap leads that you end up with after trimming the resistors you already soldered into the board.

Jul 28, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 10
darn it I knew it! not I gotta go rummage in my trash can now
redface.gif
. Oh wait still got some resistors
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm no DIY expert, but i've just been using paper clips. I hope there is nothing wrong with this, even though my multimeter shows 0 resistance on them.

-Chu

Jul 28, 2002 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 10
If you use the leads that you cut from your Vishays, then you have "premium" jumpers.
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 10
This is slightly off topic, but you should save some of those leads for future use. They're great when hacking on breadboards and for lashing protoboard pads together to make larger pads. I keep a small bin of wire scraps and lead trimmings for this purpose.

Jul 30, 2002 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 10
I just found out that I could get some really nice curvaceous bend in the leads by bending them over some rubber cover tweezers I have (try to find something with a slight curve and bend the leads over it, but make sure it has the right width). They are a perfect fit in my dip sockets and they look really good and shiny too (too much time on my hands so I cleaned and rubbed them shiny
biggrin.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back