JUMPED on DT990/600's
Feb 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

David.M

500+ Head-Fier
I found an incredible deal for the beyers DT990/600 in a well known reputable online site that majority people buy their headphones from for $240

also got my Little Dot DAC-1 coming around the same time.

I really wanted to compare the 990 to the 880's for a long time. And now i get the chance ! Who knows, If i like the 990's too much, my beloved DT880/250 ohm will go on sale in the For Sale section
beerchug.gif

I can't wait to get my new gear coming. Tax refund serving me well
beyersmile.png

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 6
yeah, my bad guys. I'm just so happy at the insane deal i got on these cans. They usually run for $320 !!!

would u guys recommend i burn them in for 40-50 hours first or should i just try it out right away?

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 6
I wouldn't be able to help myself either if I got an insane deal! Congrats :p

I'd try it out right away and if you absolutely hate it, don't be surprised and let them burn in, then try again. If you still hate it... well.. then you might want to keep your DT880's and sell the 990's.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysteek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't be able to help myself either if I got an insane deal! Congrats :p

I'd try it out right away and if you absolutely hate it, don't be surprised and let them burn in, then try again. If you still hate it... well.. then you might want to keep your DT880's and sell the 990's.

I'll probably burn the 990's with my Little Dot Dac-1 for 40-50 hours before trying them out. Although.... it's gonna be awfully tempting, i think i can manage
evil_smiley.gif

i have a very decent tube amp with upgraded tubes that should drive these cans nicely. Even David.Zeveche(little dot guy) said the MKIII can handle 600 Voltage swings with no sweat.

I hope the good things i have heard about the DT990/600 are really true, cause if so, i think i have found the perfect cans that i can live for a very long time
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back