Headphoneus Supremus
I just got it from my postalman right now:

EQUIPMENT REVIEWS:
AYRE C-5XE UNIVERSAL PLAYER REVIEW BY WES PHILLIPS
LINN UNIDISK SC UNIVERSAL PLAYER FOLLOW UP REVIEW BY WES PHILLIPS
SHANLING CD-T300 by Sam Tellig
Arcam SOLO by Art Dudley

MUSIC REVIEWS:
Mercury Living Presence SACD reviews using Paradigm, Revel, Meridian, Bel Canto, Theta, Sony, and McCormack multichannel music system
John Doe's X-MAN CD review by Robert Baird
David Chesky's AREA 31 SA-CD is Stereophile's Recording of the Month

HeadRoom advertisement: "Why Bother?"
1. increase market publicity and acceptance of headphone Hi-Fi by branding consultants (read between the lines: HeadRoom's mission = Head-Fi's mission)
2. high value per dollar at all price points
3. simplify and codify product line - corral check
4. USB, S/PDIF, Coaxial must be integrated throughout product line because while the music may draw all peoples of the world together, it is job #1 of a corporation to develop products that draw customers to them -- do it by appealing to their (digital) lifestyles
5. make money!!!

It's on page 40. It should be included in every marketing 101, sales 101, and business 201 training course or undergraduate course because it distills everything about running a contemporary shop.

PS: I think I want the one that Tyll's holding in his left hand on the advertisement, but you got to go buy this magazine to know which product it is! o, the tease...

Jun 10, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
PS: I think I want the one that Tyll's holding in his left hand on the advertisement, but you got to go buy this magazine to know which product it is! o, the tease...

Yeah, it does look pretty sweet. I didn't know Headroom was working on making that design commercially available. But they did, so that's cool. I won't say what it is either, since Welly doesn't seem to want people to know unless they buy a Stereophile.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back