juli@ on vista 32bit?
Jul 12, 2007 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nikolaus

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a ESI Juli@ for my Vista pc. However I'm having a lot of trouble getting the damn thing to work.

Is anyone else running the Juli@ soundcard on Vista 32 bit?

Are you having any problems?

If you got a Juli@ working in Vista which drivers are you using?

If I'm unable to get it working, can anyone recommend anything similar to the Juli@ sound quality wise that will work 100% in Vista?

Jul 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I believe the ESI website has beta drivers for the Juli@: http://download.esi-audio.com/?p=6&g=1&l=en

I'm actually in the process of constructing a computer and was thinking about getting a Juli@ for Vista, so let me know if you can get it to work.

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, I ended up installing Windows XP instead, because I thought the problem was the vista drivers.

However after installing the card on Windows XP I'm still having the same problem. All I hear when using the Juli@ is a lot of noise, I do get sound, but it is very low and with a lot of static.

I've come to the conclusion that the card is broken. I'll be picking up another to see if I have more success with that one.

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I ran my Juli@ under Vista 64bit, and had constant issues with crackling and other noise. Had stop playback, switch latency or frequency back and forth, somehow that would reset it and make it stop for an hour or two.
Now running ubuntu on that box and haven't had a single problem.
ESI's beta drivers are very beta
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back