Juli@ card digital outs.
Aug 8, 2006 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
Are they safe from computer electrical "noise" and interferences? Do i get a clean signal through optical or coax out with this card?
Are they better than the digital outs on other cheap soundcards? In what way?

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone pls?
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Are they safe from computer electrical "noise" and interferences?
Yes, providing you use a good, shielded coax cable. Optical is free of interference with any cable.

Do i get a clean signal through optical or coax out with this card?
Yes

Are they better than the digital outs on other cheap soundcards? In what way?
The E-WDM drivers of the ESI cards allow bit-perfect output. Most cheap soundcards do not have bit-perfect drivers. The Chaintech AV710 for example is only bit-perfect after a software "hack".

N.B.:
1) You may also have a look at the ESI Maya 44, that card offers optical and coax connections without a breakout cable.

2) Remember that for bit-perfect output the computer volume sliders should generally be at 100%!

3) The Audiotrak drivers to "hack" the Chaintech AV710 are basically ESI E-WDM drivers too (Audiotrak is an ESI sub-brand)

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvs
You may also have a look at the ESI Maya 44 though, that one offers optical and coax connections without a breakout cable.

Yes, but i've read some posts here that is not as good as juli@. But i don't know why is that, maybe someone could explain to me...

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 5
It may be not as good for analog output (having a lesser DAC circuit on the card). I cannot think of a reason that it would be less good for digital out since it is all dependent on the drivers. But let's wait for others to comment on this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back