Juli@ Balanced?
Apr 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sdgserv

100+ Head-Fier
I have this card and just noticed that the TRS are balanced can anybody tell what difference is between the RCA and the TSR. Does it matter?
I plug into the Pre-amp of my Dared VP16
Thanks

swappable socket (Unbalanced RCA with -10dBv or Balanced TRS with +4dBu )

Link
ESI - Juli@

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdgserv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this card and just noticed that the TRS are balanced can anybody tell what difference is between the RCA and the TSR. Does it matter?
I plug into the Pre-amp of my Dared VP16
Thanks

swappable socket (Unbalanced RCA with -10dBv or Balanced TRS with +4dBu )

Link
ESI - Juli@

If Dared VP16 inputs are unbalanced RCA (consumer type) then feeding the amp through Juli@ balanced TRS (prof.) outputs isn't a good choice.

jiitee

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Why would you want to feed the Dared from anything other than the unbal/RCA option of the Juli@?

Balanced connections use three conductors (signal, inverted signal, and ground), and to feed an unbalanced RCA input on your Dared (just signal and ground), you would need properly wired TRS-to-RCA cables that eliminate one of the conductors.....there is nothing to be gained at all, especially considering that the Juli@ can drive unbal inputs directly by simply flipping the card around.

Apr 9, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks you have answered my question. I am using the standard RCA. Just wondering if balanced had any advantage. The amp does not have balanced inputs.
Again thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back