Juli@ ASIO Problems
Aug 7, 2006 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

alex_cs

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I recently got a Juli@ and have only just began to set it up. Im having a problem with ASIO playback in Winamp, in that winamp will refuse to play any mp3/flac/wav when ASIO output (the juli@'s ASIO) is enabled. when directsound is enabled, all files play.

tracktion is saying that the juli@ asio driver is functioning properly, so im a t a bit of a loss, there appears to be basically no support on the internet about the juli@.

files play in foobar fine, but i havent used foobar much, and cannot tell whether foobar is using ASIO playback.

Additionally, the optical out is working, but the coax out is not producing any signal to the zhaolu.

is there some big stuff im missing here, it almost seems like there is a whole lot of options missing in the julia software. im running 1.18 drivers if that could be the problem?

thanks.

Aug 7, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 39
ok

reintalled 0.66 ASIO winapm plugin.

files will now play when this plugin is enabled, but no sound is played. directsound output still plays files perfectly.

should i be using the juli@'s ASIO 2.0, or ASIO4ALL?

anyway, just some more ideas, im not hving any luck.

Aug 7, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 39
just relaised i posted this in the wrong forum. perhaps it could be moved to computer as source?

sorry
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 39
ASIO often locks a soundcard to a certain bitdepth and sampling rate. I know in foobar I need to enable 24bit output for all input files, and use the SSRC upsampler to get 96khz before my ASIO drivers respond on the M-Audio Transit. Either that or I can switch the driver output to max 48khz then I can skip the resampler.

Aug 7, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 39
ASIO output works fine in winamp for me, I didn't have to change any frequency settings. I think the Juli@ does that automatically.

And as for coax, can anybody answer this? When I get my DAC I will be using coax. How do you make it work?

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 39
Check any and all driver settings you can find. The DAC should work seemlessly with the correct input selected.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
ASIO output works fine in winamp for me, I didn't have to change any frequency settings. I think the Juli@ does that automatically.

And as for coax, can anybody answer this? When I get my DAC I will be using coax. How do you make it work?

On the Juli@ there are several outputs; Ch12(RCA), Ch34(Optical) and Ch34(TRS/Co-ax?). Set whichever you're using.

I can't get ASIO to work on mine either, Kernel Streaming does however, so that satisfies my bit-perfect needs.

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #8 of 39
Are you certain the kernel streamer is bit-perfect? I can't say since I can not get kernel streaming working on my system. I am interested in this for future reference as I was only aware of ASIO to give a bit perfect output under windows.

Mind you this is based on just an assumption since I know that the windows "kernel mixer" causes loss of bit precision. I just see the two kernels and assumed it didn't.

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 39
Colonel Streaming

'Kernel Streaming support 1.2.2 Link Allows bit-exact playback bypassing Windows kernel mixer. Activated through playback / output preferences page (device list). Warning: this component is experimental and provided for testing only; it is known to cause stability issues on certain configurations. If you experience any problems while using it, please revert to regular output modes ("Primary Sound Driver" etc).'

I never have, but I have quite a fast computer.

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 39
Never had a problem with the Juli@ and Jriver Media Center using the ASIO output method.

Works with 16 and 24 bits and switches automatically between 44.1Khz and 96Khz.

Cheers

Thomas

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 39
ok i have the julia running the optical ch3/4. directsound works with winamp.

i have both asio4all and julias asio drivers, both are working in tracktion perfectly. when i select either asio driver in winamp, the file plays, but no sound is played.

when people talk of asio settings, there appears to be no options to set for the julias ASIO, there are some for asio4all obviously but none seem to work.

very strange, its just like the asio drivers are not passing the signal to the julia.

Aug 8, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 39
Get rid of ASIO4All and just use the Juli@ ASIO output. It's all you need. You only need ASIO4all if your sound card does not nativly support ASIO, which the Juli@ does. Make sure you are using the correct ASIO winamp plugin here:
http://otachan.com/out_asio(exe).html
I find the exe version is better.

Aug 8, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 39
the same as the dll version, just put the dll and the exe file in the winamp plugin folder, but first make sure you delete the dll version.

Aug 8, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 39
this is really doing my head in. ive downloaded foobar and the foobar asio plugin.

ive selected the juli@s asio output.

when i play a file i get this: Unrecoverable playback error: Querying ASIO channel information (1,0) failed : Invalid parameter

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back