JRiver Sound
Sep 27, 2016 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Riley Beale

1000+ Head-Fier
I just downloaded JRiver to try.  I noticed the music sound very heavy.  The bass on my V-Moda M100s hits with an extreme presence and authority.  The mids are somewhat more forward with more presence.  The treble seems a bit more powerful without being too hot or sibilant.  It is not much louder in volume where I set it, but it has a lot more power to the sound.  I found Itunes, Mediamonkey and Foobar2000 lacking severely in oomph compared to Jriver.  Jriver almost doesn't seem as clean sounding as the other 3 music players.  I do not have any effects or equalizer setting on any music playing software, mind you.  Jriver has serious oomph to the sound.  Is this normal or is Jriver not very high quality when it comes to sound?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 3
JRiver can sound a bit murky but the Oomph is new to me.
Maybe there is still some DSP going on somewhere be it in JRiver or in the Win audio panel.
Before you fork out $50, have a look at MusicBee
It doesn’t offer all the DSP JRiver has but if you are not in need of a convoler, X-over etc it might fit the bill.
Excellent piece of freeware imho.
http://www.getmusicbee.com/

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 3
I am using MusicBee and Jriver for my computer muat all times lately. I am using the free Jriver. I do notice on occasion sometimes more frequent that I get a popping sound from Jriver when listening to music it is a very distorted popping noise. I have tested Itunes, Foobar, MusicBee and Media Monkey and this issue is never present. I am pretty certain my music is not the problem because it does not pop on the same song it is very random. It doesn't really happen when I change tracks or anything. It just pops randomly mid song on occasion. Any suggestions or explanations would be most helpful.

Thanks

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back