JRiver Question
Apr 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, all.

Question for the folks who use JRiver:

I have a Windows based computer and want to use JRiver; however, I want to be able to control it in another room using an iPad and JRemote.

When I make the purchase on the JRiver, do I need to buy the Master one that allows for use on both a MAC and WIN computer or is the iPad not considered a MAC (I'm guessing not, but not sure).

And while I'm at it, can I use the Apple Airport Express as the second source to stream my music library from, the music which is located on the computer?

So what I'm trying to accomplish is this:

Dell computer with external drive storing my music; using JRiver as the music center. Dell connected to home network via wifi. I want to connect the Airport Express in another room via wifi and connect that to my incoming DAC (PS Audio Perfectwave II with Bridge II) with an ethernet cable so I have access to all my CDs without the need for the physical disc.

My understanding is I can use JRemote on the iPad to control the Express and music library.

This is possible, right?

Thanks,

Mamoru

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, all.

Question for the folks who use JRiver:

I have a Windows based computer and want to use JRiver; however, I want to be able to control it in another room using an iPad and JRemote.

When I make the purchase on the JRiver, do I need to buy the Master one that allows for use on both a MAC and WIN computer or is the iPad not considered a MAC (I'm guessing not, but not sure).

And while I'm at it, can I use the Apple Airport Express as the second source to stream my music library from, the music which is located on the computer?

So what I'm trying to accomplish is this:

Dell computer with external drive storing my music; using JRiver as the music center. Dell connected to home network via wifi. I want to connect the Airport Express in another room via wifi and connect that to my incoming DAC (PS Audio Perfectwave II with Bridge II) with an ethernet cable so I have access to all my CDs without the need for the physical disc.

My understanding is I can use JRemote on the iPad to control the Express and music library.

This is possible, right?

Thanks,

Mamoru

you can access jriver remotely via a web page (see jriver's wiki for details) -- part of the standard license. i'm not sure jremote is supported any longer since they moved to the web page format, though it likely still works.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 4
I still use Jremote for zones by the pool and patio. The web page works as well. There is supposed to be a jriver for mobile soon too. I have the beta but it isn't working well yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back