JRiver Customer Service
May 13, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 12
Yeah, I think so too. There haven't been any system updates since this problem started though. One day it worked & the next day it didn't.

It's a shame for me because imo it's the best sounding player out there but it's going to be a bigger shame for them, mark my words.

May 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 12
  Hi folks,

I'd be interested in hearing anyone's take on this conversation I'm having..

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97552.0

Apple: "you're holding it wrong"

Now I'm extremely wary of purchasing anything by JRiver. Extremely bad customer "service" and I can't believe they literally told you to upgrade since the old one died out of nowhere. Zero troubleshooting at all from them.

May 13, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 12
  check out Roon for jollies.  No DSP or EQ....yet    https://roonlabs.com/

$120 per year? I'll pass thanks. I'm just going to get used to the slight loss in quality of Cog but the big bonus of being simple & stable.

Either that or buy a cheap Windows laptop & Foobar.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

May 13, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 12
Seems a bit off to just brush you off that way, you are a paying customer of the product after all.

are you able to roll back any system updates that have been applied in the last 2 weeks?

There's nothing to roll back too. I was out of the country for two weeks & the only update since has been to Safari (which I don't use). The problems started before then anyway.

It was a good idea though.

I'll have to just chalk this one up to experience but they'll never get another penny out of me.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 12
I've used JRiver for over a decade I think. I've had a poor experience with their "customer service" as well. The only reason I stay with them is because the software is one of the best on the market for the options I want. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #10 of 12
I think they are a borderline case of informal and arrogant (they have the potential to cross the line if you challenge them or ask difficult questions).

As others indicated, this is the most powerful and flexible player I could find on OSX. Especially DSP, media database and metadata tools. Not to mention "class leading" iOS app.

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #11 of 12
  I've used JRiver for over a decade I think. I've had a poor experience with their "customer service" as well. The only reason I stay with them is because the software is one of the best on the market for the options I want. 

I think they are a borderline case of informal and arrogant (they have the potential to cross the line if you challenge them or ask difficult questions).

As others indicated, this is the most powerful and flexible player I could find on OSX. Especially DSP, media database and metadata tools. Not to mention "class leading" iOS app.

I'm still using it for the same reason you guys are. I ended up having to start from scratch and re-install it.

As someone who's worked in the service industry for near on 30 years though it has to be said that the responses I got were woefully inadequate. Lucky for them they have no direct competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back