JR.com (J&R.com) - KDE/250 review
Sep 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stevenswall

1000+ Head-Fier
Used for many genres of music, excels at all, though 'cheap' bass in some rap & hip-hop is revealed by the extreme detail of the phones, and poorly recorded female vocals may resonate. Tiny headphone jack housing is strong, flexible, and fits in recessed ports, cable is short, great for portable use, and has a strong rubber cap connection the the earphone housing. rubberized earpiece is comfortable, though it requires clip adjustment to fit properly, and may not fit people with small ears (c:Anti-Helix, Ear Anatomy)The design is truly unique, you will not find any headphone with perpendicular speaker alignment, and they look nice; glossy and textured black plastic, with brushed aluminum accents and logo. I have compared these phones with 3 others($140 each: Etymotic Hf5, Audio Technica ATH-700, Koss CC_01) and the phones I own, and found these to be better than them, and any other phones i have tried on display in stores. Though you may prefer the open sound of the Porta Pro, or the ATH-700, the bass and treble acuity isn't on par with the KDE, and if it isn't Koss, Your headphones aren't covered under their lifetime warranty, KDE's included. I would encourage purchasing these, trying them for fit, and testing the sound quality, and if you dislike them, Which you shouldn't occur if they fit, take advantage of J&R's return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back