JPOP In-ears (s4i, image 3 and shure se215-k)
Nov 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm no expert; in fact I don't even know how to describe my impressions of the earphones you mentioned so I won't try. But I listen to mostly jpop too, and I've heard the S4s before and did not like them - they just didn't seem very clear, and with rather muddy bass. Definitely don't think they're worth the $115 they're listed for on that site. I also auditioned the SE215s a few days ago and didn't like them - not clear enough imo.
I ended up getting myself a pair of etymotic HF3s. I think they should easily fit in your price range. If you want something cheaper, then I'm currently using meelec A151s, or you could also look into the sunrise xscape which I believe are supposed to sound similar. The A151s especially are an awesome deal now with amazon's current price for them.

Of course, take everything I say with a pinch of salt - just because we listen to music with the same country of origin doesn't mean our taste in music/sound signature will be the same haha. Why the rush? I think it would be good if you could spare some time to go audition some earphones yourself.

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I'm no expert; in fact I don't even know how to describe my impressions of the earphones you mentioned so I won't try. But I listen to mostly jpop too, and I've heard the S4s before and did not like them - they just didn't seem very clear, and with rather muddy bass. Definitely don't think they're worth the $115 they're listed for on that site. I also auditioned the SE215s a few days ago and didn't like them - not clear enough imo.
I ended up getting myself a pair of etymotic HF3s. I think they should easily fit in your price range. If you want something cheaper, then I'm currently using meelec A151s, or you could also look into the sunrise xscape which I believe are supposed to sound similar. The A151s especially are an awesome deal now with amazon's current price for them.

Of course, take everything I say with a pinch of salt - just because we listen to music with the same country of origin doesn't mean our taste in music/sound signature will be the same haha. Why the rush? I think it would be good if you could spare some time to go audition some earphones yourself.

It's because theses things will go on 50% fire sale in now 10 minutes. I got a pair of AKG K172HD under radar and now I need good in ear...

Also somehow all my headphones decided to snap 2 weeks ago, my portapros, my 100$ jvc and my in ear. I'm literally stuck with 2$ earbuds at my work, so I just listen to podcasts. It's horrible.

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
It's because theses things will go on 50% fire sale in now 10 minutes. I got a pair of AKG K172HD under radar and now I need good in ear...

Also somehow all my headphones decided to snap 2 weeks ago, my portapros, my 100$ jvc and my in ear. I'm literally stuck with 2$ earbuds at my work, so I just listen to podcasts. It's horrible.

In that case I would say the SE215s, since they're just slightly more expensive (than the S4i) in the links you provided and sound much better than the S4 imo.

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I personally don't like the etymotic sound for anime music. I tried the S4 for anime music before and they weren't bad imo. Bass-emphasized, and not the tightest bass, but it's also not too muddy. Maybe just some bleed into the midrange. Not sure about the shures. pun not intended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back