Journey's new lead singer
May 26, 2008 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fordgtlover

Headphoneus Supremus
May 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 8
I have to say that after I watched some of the those videos, I started thinking that I needed to go see Journey. He's really good. I know a lot of people don't take them seriously, and I probably haven't either for a long time, I still have to admit that ESCAPE really takes me back, and will even induce chills if I'm in the right frame of mind..

-Mason

May 29, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 8
Maybe it's just me, but there's something about this new guy that just doesn't sit well with me. Perhaps if he was himself instead of channeling Steve Perry I'd feel more favorable towards him.

May 29, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 8
You know what? Why not? It's just Journey after all, and that band is so wrapped in nostalgia (proms, movies, etc.), why not continue the playing even if it's a copy of itself? Hell any 80s band covered that much might as well benefit (and have fun performing) themselves. Who's going to suffer? Hardly anyone. Who's going to benefit? Lots of scary women I know.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Didn't even bother to check the videos....there is just no way to replace Perry.

Not only did he have an amazing and original voice but a great ear for melody and phrasing. Nailing the tone/voice is only part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back