José Gonzales - Crosses EP (Acoustic gutar and vocals)
Sep 11, 2003 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Astroinvader

New Head-Fier
I'm not a regular here, but about a year ago I went here to research about a coming headphone/amp setup...
Anyways, I just love this forum and bought a lot of stuff... ...Sorry about your wallet and all that... Lets just say that I now have these as a result: MG Head, HD600, D-555, D-25S, 4P's, Art Dio... oh man...

Not only that, browsing through these music threads and looking up a lot of stuff i never listened to... even after having worked in a record store for five years during the early nineties...

Anyways, I came across this song "Crosses" by José Gonzales and it just blew me away. Not that it's veri "HI"-fi but it's just a great song and a very dreamy sound. Some say it's similar to Nick Drake, and I can agree to some degree... maybe a bit Cat stevens... oh I don't know...

To me it feels very tubey... warm and cosy.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have no idea if this guy is widely known, but I don't think so, he might even be Swedish and maybe this EP is his debut, I didn't find any real info on the net.

If anyone gives this a listen and thinks that they could give me more info about similar artists please let me know.

Johannes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back