Jorge and Headroom: The BEST customer service in the world!
Nov 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted to write this to let others know what an amazing company Headroom is. I am an old Headfier, probably about an eight-year member. Way back in the dark ages, I purchased a Total Airhead portable amp. We're talking one of the originals. Well, I love that damn amp to his day. And it's so well built and durable it still fuctions perfectly and looks great. Like the day I bought it. But only recently -- after eight years-- did I finally manage to break a little tab that holds the battery cover in place. It was completely my fault, I wasn't playing attention and forced the piece. Well, I wrote a note here about wanting to replace it and Jorge at Headroom immediately responded, and said he would look into it. The poor guy had to send someone to dig through their warehouse to locate this eight year old part for me. It must have been hard work and a pain, but the people at Headroom are so good to their customers they gladly did it and found me the vintage part I need to restore my beloved vintage Total Airhead back to mint shape. I want to say Thank You to Jorge, Tyll and Headroom for the Amazing customer service. Can you imagine another company personally tracking down a very, very old part for a customer and sending it along completely free to them -- just because they value their business? I can't. It's just an example of why everyone should feel comfortably buying from this great company. And, oh yeah, and I recently went through a run of about six other amps from Xin's to German penquins and, guess what, I still love my smooth, delicious vintage Total Airhead best! Thanks again guys!
L3000.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the kind comments, ChadBang! Glad we could help restore your HeadRoom 'museum piece' to fully rockin' status again! ...
wink.gif

Its always a big giant team effort around here so i'll make sure to spread your kudos around!
happy_face1.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and, guess what, I still love my smooth, delicious vintage Total Airhead best! Thanks again guys!
L3000.gif

I'm pretty much a knucklehead but ofr one descision, to always use high quality parts. I betcha some of the current amps are quicker and more articulate---that goes for our current amps, too. But there's something smooth and organic sounding about good parts, and it shows up even in the older gear.

Glad you're still enjoying it, and happy to be of help.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Great story, and yes, great customer service. No doubt about that.

You're pretty close on your estimate of being a Head-Fi member for 8 years, as well. Under your name on every post, it shows that you've been here since August 2001, so it's been 7 years and some change. Time sure does fly, and you were definitely an early registrant! Jude and the very first members date back to June 2001.

Actually, Tyll was also among the first members at Head-Fi. ^^^

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, Tyll was also among the first members at Head-Fi. ^^^

Actooly, I joined on day 3 of Head-Fi, and was about the 100th member.

Here's the list of members by join date, I'm on page four.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actooly, I joined on day 3 of Head-Fi, and was about the 100th member.

Here's the list of members by join date, I'm on page four.

Interesting. I missed the first year and a half completely, as well as whatever good times were had at Headwize beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back