jolida jd100a
Jun 30, 2004 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

grox

100+ Head-Fier
i've bought a jolida jd100a from mike powell at verastarr with verastarr mods etc. i was under the impression that i would get a unit _marked_ for (and therefore with power supply for) 240v but the print on both the box and the unit itself indicate 110-120v. that's really annoying. i asked for 240v specifically twice (mike and i spent a while talking about it, apparently there are some wiring modifcations to be done).

would it be safe to plug the thing into the 240v australian power supply and try it? i've emailed him but of late he's been very slow turning around emails. I'm also worried about shipping on returns if i do blow it up... anyone else have this player or an experience like this?

Jun 30, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 7
No play it safe until you hear from the dealer. You might void any warranty or return policy.

Jun 30, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by grox
would it be safe to plug the thing into the 240v australian power supply and try it? i've emailed him but of late he's been very slow turning around emails. I'm also worried about shipping on returns if i do blow it up... anyone else have this player or an experience like this?

NO! Definitely not - you will fry everything in sight, resulting in a probable puff of smoke, and nasty odors.

Sorry to hear of this, grox. I can only imagine how upset and disappointed you must be. otoh, should be straightforward to change. Ideally, when you hear back from Mike it will be that it is correctly setup for 220 v, but has the wrong label on it.

Good luck.

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 7
agile_one, luckily he replied quickly and that was the case!

only problem is that the rhs channel of the headphone output doesn't work. the analog rca outs work perfectly though
smily_headphones1.gif

i'll post impressions in a little while...

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 7
That player has a pretty nice headphone out...I'd get that looked at.

Good luck, and enjoy...it's a nice deck!

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 7
shipping from the usa to here was about 130usd one way from memory... ouch!

i don't know of any local distributors. would a local electronics company be able to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back