Jolida JD100: Best cdp under 1K
Aug 16, 2003 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SENOR4Q

100+ Head-Fier
Have you heard anything better under $1000? I just bought one of these new for really cheap on a quasi-whim (only read two "reviews" here) instead of an arcam or a rega planet.

Aug 16, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 7
I've had one for about a year now and I love it. The Planet 2000 was one of the players that I was considering when I bought the Jolida. I replaced the stock tubes with Svetlana's. Some have complained of quality problems but mine has been flawless.

Aug 17, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 7
Really, I thought that was with their earlier players that were shoddily built, unlike the new JD100. It's seems built to go to war.

Aug 17, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 7
I own a jolida jd100 and i love it even with the stock tubes it sounds amazing. One tweak the dealer told me about is put 3 hockey pucks under it in a triangle, tell me if you can hear a difference.

Also i love the remote its made out of metal and weighs about a 1lb it could serve as a weapon.
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 7
I love mine. It's the smoothest player I have ever heard. No op amps in the headphone jack. Very good sound straight into your phones.
rs1smile.gif
etysmile.gif

Dec 18, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 7
It also responds very well to tuberolling. I tried a pair of RCA 12X7 blackplates in it and it made the player very neutral--awesome in the right setup. Unfortunately I need the cash which is why I'm selling mine
frown.gif
without even a proper burn in. Also of note, current production tubes tend to make the player sound more toobey, at least this has been my experience FWIW.

Dec 19, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 7
I recently had an opportunity to evaluate one for three weeks, and I agree wholeheartedly with what's being said here.

I'm thinking that it lacks slightly in fine detail presentation. What it does NOT lack is musicality. It's a very sweet player, and has a nice headphone jack too, BTW.

I'll be posting a review sometime after the first of the year....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back