Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson (Cast your Vote)
Jul 31, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 30
Willie's longevity in touring has a bit to do with his lack of tax payments, so I don't give him credit for that. The man had no choice.

Willie is a great one, but Cash is the man. His music is deep and so is his voice.

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 30
Had to go with Johnny Cash as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pick up "American V" It's a great album, and the sonics + press quality is tough to beat!

Agree with that!

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #19 of 30
i voted on behalf of my dad... he would've picked Willie.

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #23 of 30
Man in Black gets my vote here.

Although Willie DID appear in Half Baked....so that made my choice just a wee bit harder...hehe

Although honestly im MUCH more familiar with JC's stuff (American series, best ofs, live concerts)...any recommendations to start with Willie?

Aug 4, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pick up "American V" It's a great album, and the sonics + press quality is tough to beat!

Thanks! I'll order it ASAP.

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #27 of 30
Willie wouldn't have even been where he is without the man in black. no question in my book. but alas, many here voted for willie!

edit: ok, so maybe it's not that black and white
biggrin.gif
but johnny's music resonates much more deeply with me

does willie have any sadder albums? the one i have sounds like it was coincidentally the happiest day of everyone's life, and then they all took ecstasy and the sun came out and Orpheus systems started raining down from the sky
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #29 of 30
Willie Nelson.

The guy puts on a fantastic live show and many of his studio albums sound good.

In fact, I was listening to some Willie when I saw the poll
atsmile.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #30 of 30
Johnny Cash by a couple of 8th notes. Both are fantastic. This one was tough. Maybe I should just cast my vote for Elvis!

Johnny Cash is my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back