John Mayer is the man!!
Dec 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kevms89

100+ Head-Fier
I always heard of mayer but never got into his music, always heard he was a self centered ****** and a player. About a month ago I heard a song of his on last fm and loved it, I got his albums and im blown away...this guy is fantastic, I listend to all of his albums and I love every single one, he has an awesome voice, good guitar, great songwriter and some real chil laud back music, all my ipod has been playing is JM.

As far as him being a ****** I cant say, if thats the way he is then eh, and as far as him being a player....well shouldnt the women know??

JM is awesome. That is all.

Side Note: I LOVE when I find a new artist that I like, rare that I find a new artist and fall in love with all their material, I usually just like a few songs from the albums.

Dec 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 5
I love his playing and song writing. I think if he focuses on writing just blues instead of cheesy pop songs, he would be a great bluesman. I don't really like his voice. Hendrix and SRV (Mayers' biggest influences) are not recognized as the best singers ever but they know how to sing emotionally.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Yea, I'm not too crazy about his more poppy stuff, but I really dig his Blues stuff.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Tell me you have the Try! album.

My sister was a huge fan and I went and saw him a couple times when he was touring the first two albums, wasn't really into him then. But when I heard that first single off the John Mayer Trio Album I rethought my original stance. Ive played the snot out of Try!, never gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back