John Ashcroft is on Team Sennheiser
Feb 7, 2002 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

delenda est Sony

500+ Head-Fier
well, not really, but we had such fun with that Alicia Keys thread, I figure a little topicality would be appreciated. Actually if Ashcroft had a team, I think it probably would be Sennheiser, don't you think???
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 14
music makes you "feel good", so ashcroft is against it. it's this kind of "if it feels good do it" philosophy at head-fi that is killing our family values.
rolleyes.gif

ashcroft=team deaf

Feb 7, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 14
I don't know; he strikes me as a Bloomian "Great Western Books" sorta guy. I could imagine him listening to Bach or Haydn with a really stern expression on his face. Or maybe he listens to Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem and imagines all the secular humanists burning in eternal hellfire...
evil_smiley.gif

And his phones of choice? The Sennheiser 570s that his grandkids bought for him last Christmas.

(Pure fantasy, but it kinda works!!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 7, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

listening to Bach or Haydn with a really stern expression on his face

lol, i can see it!

if he wears any headphones it is the stock p.o.s. that came with his cheap walkman. and he wears them backwards. with a stern expression on his face.

i just don't see him as the type that even registers headphones as a concept. perhaps i'm wrong, but that's unlikely.

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 14
Doesn't it bother you when "old, stern folks" are associated with classical music only? I find it rather peculiar. When i'm 50, i'll be more than happy to listen to whatever is good for Rock, etc.

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 14
Ashcroft listens to Sony Sports vertical earbud headphones from a Sports Cassette Walkman his wife gave him a few years ago when his doctor told him he needed to start walking more for his heart. He listens to books on tape from time to time and the analog tuner has never intentionally strayed from NPR.

Feb 8, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by ponzio
Ashcroft listens to Sony Sports vertical earbud headphones from a Sports Cassette Walkman his wife gave him a few years ago when his doctor told him he needed to start walking more for his heart. He listens to books on tape from time to time and the analog tuner has never intentionally strayed from NPR.

Nah, Sony Street Styles and Doctor Phill tapes!
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
well, not really, but we had such fun with that Alicia Keys thread, I figure a little topicality would be appreciated. Actually if Ashcroft had a team, I think it probably would be Sennheiser, don't you think???
biggrin.gif

You mean because it's german? I'm not sure Senn was around in the 30'ies and 40'ies.. .
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Seems they started in the late 40'ies

Feb 8, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
I can picture Ashcroft listening to compositions of Richard Wagner through some big ass AKGS!..........with a "stern expression" on his face.
biggrin.gif

Bose "Wave CD" with Bose Noise Cancelling 'phones turned to cover his eyes so he can't see the boobs on the statues behind him.

Feb 8, 2002 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 14
Hey. how'd this get moved to the Member's Lounge when the Vietnam-esque slugfest that is "Alicia Keys is on Team Grado" gets to hang out over at the cool headphones forum??
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back