Jogging/Running Headphones
Feb 26, 2002 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Osaire

Head-Fier
I'd been considering the Koss KSC-35's for a while now, but I've read some things about how they fit very loosely on the ears. While this may be great for comfort, how is it going to be for active portable use? I was also hoping to use the same headphones for my computer system audio files and first person shooter gaming. I'm not really looking to spend as much as I had previously anticipated, so Etymotics are out of the question.

As I've stated in previous threads, the only quality headphone I've ever used is the Grado SR-60, and I know that's no where near the setups most of you have.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm just looking for something for multipurpose use, easy to drive, listening to a wide variety of music though mainly Rock and R&B, comfortable, but will stay where I put them!
biggrin.gif

For some reason I think it's going to end up back at KSC-35 again, but this will be my last post on it before I get myself to purchase something.
wink.gif

Thanks all!

Feb 26, 2002 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 6
the ksc-35's flap on my ears when i try to run with them. For running, I've used the sportapro's (same driver as ksc-35) mainly, but just bought portapro's (again, same driver), which i like even more and can now be had for $23 through yahoo shopping link that i posted twice recently in head-fi.

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 6
r3cc0s, have you actually tried the mx400 or mx500 while running? Just out of curiosity, i did, and they fell out almost immediately. Guess you have to have just the right ear design, sans headband, and who wants to wear a headband other than in cold weather? Hence, these models would seem a risky recommendation.

Feb 27, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 6
they fit my ears fine

however

again people are born with all different shapes and sizes of everything
smily_headphones1.gif

um.... if ksc-35 don't fit and the mx don't fit....

um...

just find a supraaural headset, and bend the headband for a much tighter (not nearly as comfortable) fit

like the senn 495...
I think that would work...
i have a buddy who uses the sr-60 and bent the headband to fit for doing activities...

maybe the sony 44's
i dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back