Job-Fi/Hobby-Fi
Jul 7, 2011 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

iLoveMyuzik

Head-Fier
Where does everyone work? Maybe this will give us a better idea of who is in to hi-fi? Maybe it's people that deal with electronics, run of the mill folks, or something in between?

I work at Robeks on Crenshaw and Coliseum in South Central Los Angeles. I'm trying to get a job in the restaurant business in Hollywood, due to much better pay and tips. I'm only 18, so a job like that would be amazing. Haha.

As for hobbies, I'm a small time, underground/conscious rapper and a freestyle dancer/ex-team member/aspiring choreographer.

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 13
Job; Service/maintanence tech at newspaper priniting factory. 
Hobbies/sports;
Head-fi
Katori Shinto Ryu, Classical Japanese Swordfighting, see sig
Pencak Silat Jokotole, Indonesian martial arts, see sig
Photography
Scouting

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 13
Job: Mastering & Audio Restoration Engineer

Hobbies: Audio, Photography and Shaving Paraphernalia.

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 13
Job: lawyer, accountant, property manager, construction. But the most important job is Feeder of Cats. I catch hell if I'm the slightest bit off schedule.

Hobbies: this place :))), DIY electronics, fountain pens, travel, amateur radio, shaving, old electric fans, refinishing and reupholstering old furniture, reading literature, watching movies, listening to music, cooking, motorcycles, guns, a little urban exploration, and (of course) Mai Tai the cat. Mai Tai has a way of intruding on everything else. She's either on me or at my side whenever I'm at home. So, probably more of a relationship than a hobby. Then there are four feral/abandoned cats outside. Three are OK with being petted, but all four appear when the door opens and they follow me around, like an entourage.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
...kinda like the show entourage.

I'm SO sorry. 
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
just graduated from uc berkeley. employed at one of los angeles' largest talent agencies...kinda like the show entourage.

Man, I wanted to transfer to Cal, but I'm trying to stay SoCal local, so I might aim for UCLA.

Jul 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 13
Job: Official title would be Technology Operations Analyst II for a bank in the ConUS.
To keep things simple: Underpaid IT drone.

Hobby: this, cars, food, stadium concerts, and lotsa home video.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #12 of 13
I work part-time at a Hi-Fi shop. I'm trying to get a career as an Illustrator on track and as such I'm putting the finishing touches on my portfolio and will then try to hit up all the major agencies and firms.

Hobbies? Uh, music and hi-fi naturally, politics, history, philosophy, anything that challenges and makes me a better person, really. I do also love video games and with my first proper mechanical watch arriving tomorrow I'll probably have a strong interest in that too.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Job: Mastering & Audio Restoration Engineer

Hobbies: Audio, Photography and Shaving Paraphernalia.

Quote:
I work part-time at a Hi-Fi shop. I'm trying to get a career as an Illustrator on track and as such I'm putting the finishing touches on my portfolio and will then try to hit up all the major agencies and firms.

Hobbies? Uh, music and hi-fi naturally, politics, history, philosophy, anything that challenges and makes me a better person, really. I do also love video games and with my first proper mechanical watch arriving tomorrow I'll probably have a strong interest in that too.

iLike
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back