JMT secret handshake?
Feb 27, 2002 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MN Dan

New Head-Fier
Where is JMT? I've dropped him a couple of messages over the last week with no response. Everyone keeps raving about his nice little amps, but I can't seem to get any love from him. Is there a secret handshake or club that I need to join before I can get in line for one of his hand-built gems? My Etymotics are tired of being driven straight out of my Panasonic 570 - they are crying for more!

a little help?

Feb 27, 2002 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by MN Dan
Is there a secret handshake or club that I need to join before I can get in line for one of his hand-built gems?

Ummm, yeah, Dan....I'm surprised nobody told you. You hold your hand under your chin and flap your fingers while saying nyuk, nyuk, nyuk..... (just teasing)
JMT is a busy guy, but he aim's to please. I'm sure he will respond....he's probably backed-up on orders now.....as well he should be. He makes a very fine product!
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 11
Hello,

First post, although I have been lurking for about a month.

Anyway, just thought it was funny because I was starting to wonder about a secret handshake as well...
biggrin.gif

Michael

Feb 28, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 11
Does anyone know JMT's e-mail address, I can't seem to get to it when I look at his profile . . . can anyone help me out?

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 11
Hey, Quality Guru!

My dad lives in Hinsdale, so I'll just be'a'sayin heeeellloooo, there
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 11
Yeah to do the handshake you have to stick your _____next to the ______ in your_______ and then stand on your ______.

I have his email but I respect JMT's privacy so yeah the private message thing would be best. Being patient is a must with him. When he got my request for an amp he said that he does it because he enjoys building them and giving people a great product, but it's not his life. I had to wait two weeks just for him to get to my name on his list. (It's a long list) And then I had to wait a while for him to build and test the amp. But boy, was it worth the wait. My Etys are sounding so much better now and it only cost me ______ dollars!

He will eventually respond. Don't worry about it.

Feb 28, 2002 at 9:14 AM Post #9 of 11
The secret handshake is shared among moderators but cannot be divulged to the general public at this time due to security reasons. Thank you for your patience.

wink.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 11
Jon goes often on business trips...but his work is speedy and if you notice his soldering it is almost perfect.

Everything inside the amps he builts is built with a lot of thought...no loose ends, wires etc.. Everything is well laid out.

I also second you wait for a reply as I have a CHA 47 from him for my Ety's and I tell ya...they are SINGING
smily_headphones1.gif

He saved me from the insanity of long commutes
smily_headphones1.gif

Love that man
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 11
Oops, I forgot to post my own impressions of JMT's work.

Simply put, it's just very good. I recently got the Porta-Corda only because of worries that my Altoid amp might be construed to be a bomb by airline security guards, but the CHA47 in an altoids box sounded wonderful with my Ety 4S. It provides a clear and clean signal that is very refreshing with good headphones -- I'm sure the bigger-box amps that JMT makes sound even better than my little Altoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back