JM Audio Editions XTC Headphones
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #976 of 1,150
Well I do have to say - I've had the xtc 2.5 euforic for 6 months now and it's no secret - I love them!! I chose these over Focal Stellias when they were discounted in Oz last year and so bloody glad I did. Anyway, I digress..... I'm a tube man (3 tube amps) but I always like to have one SS so I can drive hard cans (Sus, Tungsten SJY Audio etc). I had a Sparkos Aries (selling at the moment if anyone interested) and the JM's just sang on that, like next level good!! But I just bought a Burson Soloist 3x gt (fully upgraded apart from v7 vivids, it has v6s) and wow - these cans LOVE the soloist, even more than the Sparkos, if that's even possible????? Synergy really is amazing!!!!

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #977 of 1,150
Well I do have to say - I've had the xtc 2.5 euforic for 6 months now and it's no secret - I love them!! I chose these over Focal Stellias when they were discounted in Oz last year and so bloody glad I did. Anyway, I digress..... I'm a tube man (3 tube amps) but I always like to have one SS so I can drive hard cans (Sus, Tungsten SJY Audio etc). I had a Sparkos Aries (selling at the moment if anyone interested) and the JM's just sang on that, like next level good!! But I just bought a Burson Soloist 3x gt (fully upgraded apart from v7 vivids, it has v6s) and wow - these cans LOVE the soloist, even more than the Sparkos, if that's even possible????? Synergy really is amazing!!!!
Curious which Sparkos were u using ? I love the 2590s in the soloist 3x gt - but just curious if they were 3690s ?

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #978 of 1,150
Curious which Sparkos were u using ? I love the 2590s in the soloist 3x gt - but just curious if they were 3690s ?
Sorry John - I meant Sparkos Aries HP amp - magnificent but Burson is wow!!! Burson has the v6s and the SP02 silent power and supercharger. Lachlan is bringing his over next week with the V7s to test. Did you ever end up hooking him up with a test pair?

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #980 of 1,150
Just writing a reflection on the XTC 2s: I bought these a couple months back and listen to a variety of iems/headphones over the course of a given week (err...day)...so these don't get played 100% of my music listening time.

For the first month I was a bit worried about this set and I was getting really boomy midbass, drowning out mids. Just want to encourage others, if they experience this, to allow for burn-in as I think it's mellowed out midbass substantially and overall the sound is much more balanced. Really pleased with where they are now.

For info: mine are tuned warm and detailed. Running off an r26/2qute -> singxer amp. Also worth noting that my kinki amp and these are not friendly, midbass emphasized pre and post burn in.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #981 of 1,150
I’m sorry-I remember you saying this now. Yes agree-much more realistic feedback. Well you’d better send me out a pair then haha!! Joking of course, I reckon your summer (my winter), I’ll be owning a pair!!!!! Just looked on the site as I’m interested in the xduoo xd05 pro but you don’t have listed anymore. That thing gets rave reviews!!!!! And I bet would be a perfect match for the 2.5s!!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #982 of 1,150
I’m sorry-I remember you saying this now. Yes agree-much more realistic feedback. Well you’d better send me out a pair then haha!! Joking of course, I reckon your summer (my winter), I’ll be owning a pair!!!!! Just looked on the site as I’m interested in the xduoo xd05 pro but you don’t have listed anymore. That thing gets rave reviews!!!!! And I bet would be a perfect match for the 2.5s!!!!!!!
How does your McChanson amp pair with the XTCs?

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #983 of 1,150
How does your McChanson amp pair with the XTCs?
Bloody beautifully - it is a fantstic punchy, dynamic pairing especialyy with tube rolling!! Highly recommend my McChannson AND my Eufonika. Haven't tried XTC with my Crackatwoa but my HE1000 Stealths blow monkey balls on it so not really interested, given the pairing with both OY=TCs. And on the new 3X GT - wow.......NEXT LEVEL!!!!!!

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #984 of 1,150
They are here and so far I’m loving them! John did a great job tuning them to my tastes. Electric guitars are crunchy, bass is thumping (no bloat) and love the soundstage!

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpeg
    IMG_1777.jpeg
    739.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #985 of 1,150
They are here and so far I’m loving them! John did a great job tuning them to my tastes. Electric guitars are crunchy, bass is thumping (no bloat) and love the soundstage!
You have 2 headphones..................But what a pair of pairs you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautully chosen!! Enjoy!!!!

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #986 of 1,150
Bass is one of the great things about XTC headphones. It is there when called upon but never imposes itself on the rest of the musical spectrum nor on non-bass instruments. I am still enjoying my new XTC-Closed Euphoric Xtreme Trip ^2.5 phones.

Mar 20, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #987 of 1,150
Bass is one of the great things about XTC headphones. It is there when called upon but never imposes itself on the rest of the musical spectrum nor on non-bass instruments. I am still enjoying my new XTC-Closed Euphoric Xtreme Trip ^2.5 phones.
They are magnificent cans!!!!!! My bokeh arrive today so it will be an interesting comparison. It's going to be tough to best my 2.5s. I don't think they will but I didn't buy to compare- I bought because I love zmf and jm audio equally and believe they will compliment each other beautifully!!!

Mar 20, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #988 of 1,150
They are magnificent cans!!!!!! My bokeh arrive today so it will be an interesting comparison. It's going to be tough to best my 2.5s. I don't think they will but I didn't buy to compare- I bought because I love zmf and jm audio equally and believe they will compliment each other beautifully!!!
It would be great to hear your impressions of both and comparisons between the ZMF and JMAE phones. I am personally not a fan of dark, warm, smoothed-over, bass-prominent phones so I have stayed away from ZMF phones based on what others say about them. I am more in the detailed phones camp as you can see from my signature and the XTC is a more neutral-sounding phone than some others I have had in the past.

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #989 of 1,150
It would be great to hear your impressions of both and comparisons between the ZMF and JMAE phones. I am personally not a fan of dark, warm, smoothed-over, bass-prominent phones so I have stayed away from ZMF phones based on what others say about them. I am more in the detailed phones camp as you can see from my signature and the XTC is a more neutral-sounding phone than some others I have had in the past.
Yes I will definitely will give you a run down of the 2 but not for comparison sake. I also love clarity,definition, separation and detail and that's exactly what I get from my jms and my hfm stealths. I absolutely adore my zmf VOs and despite not having the crisp detailed treble of my other 2, perfectly compliment the others. On some albums I prefer my vos, on others- my jms or stealths. And amp pairing is crucial too which we all get....watch this space!!!!🤪

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #990 of 1,150
Wolf hawk/Bytes and Bull Tuning! Say what? 🤣
I just got my second pair of XTC2’s. I was talking to John about the Susvara and he suggested the only sane thing to do would be to get a second pair tuned differently than my first pair, which is tuned with enhanced bass and detailed on warm side. The new tuning has high current, low gain for maximum definition. John was not exaggerating. If they were a TV they would definitely be 8K. The detail, air, separation, depth is just incredible. Everything just comes at you in high definition. I was a little concerned that they may come across a little harsh or cold being so detailed driven, but those concerns have quickly vanished. They still have that organic sound John is so famous for. They don’t add or subtract anything from the recording. It’s quite the experience if you have a very resolving system and highly recommended. I was even lucky enough to get the Zebra wood. They are very handsome!

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back