JM Audio Edition XTC Closed
Dec 6, 2022 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HawaiiR

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried these JM Audio headphones out? They seem quite promising, but I haven't seen any reviews about them anywhere. I'm thinking about getting rid of my LCD-XC Maples and maybe making a move to these (yes, I know they look similar), but I'd like to make an informed decision. It would be nice to hear a review or two about the XTC, and even a comparison between the XTC and the LCD-XC. I don't imagine they'd sound exactly the same, but it would be nice to get a thorough description of the similarities and differences.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 5
I've heard one of JM's recent biodyna headphones, but I haven't heard the XC in a year.

Have you heard other biodynamics for reference?

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I've heard one of JM's recent biodyna headphones, but I haven't heard the XC in a year.

Have you heard other biodynamics for reference?
I have the Denon D7200 (which has a biodynamic driver, yes? sorry, I'm a bit unfamiliar), but I can't say I love it them. I'm currently waiting on some wires to come in so I can do some simple mods to them. For reference though, as far as the stock model is concerned, I wouldn't put them in the same category as my XC (early '21 model). I've read that the 9200 is a few cuts above the 7200 as far as detail retrieval, clarity and precision are concerned, but haven't had a chance to listen to them.

It seems like you own (or did own) the 9200? If so, how would you compare those to the XC's?

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm reluctant to compare anything against the XC because it's been so long since I've heard it.

But yes, the technicalities on the 9200 are better than the 7200. I keep the 7200 because it's bassy and dark.

The JM bio I heard sat somewhere between those two headphones, the 7200 and 9200. Good bass and detail retrieval but a little on the darker side.

John will tune based on your preference, though, so as long as you know what you like, I'm sure he can make you something you'll highly enjoy.

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 5
John will tune based on your preference, though, so as long as you know what you like, I'm sure he can make you something you'll highly enjoy.
Yes, I definitely know what I'm looking for in my XC replacement. Thank you for this bit of info; this is quite helpful in helping me make a decision, actually. Time for me to clean up my XC for the classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back